3.0 Pre-Order Download?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by MBX, Jun 7, 2007.

1. MBX

MBX Member

2. justflybob

justflybob Member

3. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

i suspect the download links are being sent as we speak.. (would like to think theyre staggering the notifications so as not to crap out their servers, which usually happens upon a new release) but you can get it under Download at the top of this page. It appears to have just gone up there in the last few hours.

4. fribhey

fribhey Bit poster

and how do you suggest we get our activation key? i can download it all day but without the activation key the download is useless.

5. John the Geek

John the Geek Member

You should have received your activation key in an email right after you purchased it. I did.

You can DL the trial to get it. It's the same thing. Just use your real key, not a trial key.

http://www.parallels.com/en/products/desktop/

6. jkwuc89

jkwuc89 Member

My pre-order e-mail came with an activation key. I have not tried it yet...I am waiting for the trail download to finish (the Parallel's servers are pretty busy now...my DL is averaging about 30 to 40 KB per sec).

7. justflybob

justflybob Member

I guess I'm just not that lucky.

I received notification of the pre-order, but no activation key or download link.

I even sent screenshots of the download page and first page of the 3.0 installer open on my MacBook Pro to Nova Development and they still did not want to believe me that 3.0 was released. Unbelievable.

8. fribhey

fribhey Bit poster

i called nova and i was told they know it was released and that we will get our key and download link within the next 24 hours. they have to get the info from SWsoft in order to release it to us.... or so i was told

9. Pleiades

Pleiades Member

I didn't receive a link or activation key either, but did find that following the link provided in the pre-order email to my order data, it brought me to a web page that had my upgrade key in it. Odd that it was available but I never got an email regarding it.

I'm downloading it now so I don't know if that key works yet. I guess I'll find out.

10. webdeck

webdeck Member

I received two identical order confirmation e-mails. Neither one of them contain a link to download or a link to anything, really, just a confirmation of what my credit card was charged. I have not received any other e-mails regarding this order, and I have checked the spam folder. Here is the text of the e-mail (with identifying information removed):

11. Pleiades

Pleiades Member

Mine looked like this:

****************************************************************************
    This e-mail was generated by a mail handling system. Please do not reply to the address listed in the "From" field.
    Please read the CUSTOMER SERVICE section for answers to your questions.

Dear Customer,

Your order for "Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac Upgrade" (order number
    xxxxxxxxxxx) has been received and is being verified by our team. Your order will most likely be processed within the next 12 hours, but in no case will it take more than 24 hours.

In order to avoid multiple charges to your credit card, please do not resubmit your order.

CUSTOMER SERVICE

Questions about your order, payment, or delivery?

Answers to the most frequently asked questions / Contact:
    http://ccc.element5.com/ccc/?languageid=1&pid=xxxxxxxxxxx

Your order data:
    https://ccc.element5.com/ccc/my_account.html?languageid=1&pid=xxxxxxxxxx

I replaced any numbers in the URL's or order number with xxxxxxxxx's. Oddly enough, I never got another email.

12. justflybob

justflybob Member

That's because Digital River knows what they are doing....

well, sort of anyway.

13. webdeck

webdeck Member

I tried using the element5 links, replacing with my order ID, and they asked me to sign in with my e-mail address. It didn't recognize the e-mail address that I used when placing the order. I don't see any charges on my credit card, either. I hope they didn't lose my order.

14. webdeck

webdeck Member

FYI, I received the following response from Nova customer support:

15. dolbie

dolbie Bit poster

WOW.
    That hardly sounds like:
    Oh well.

16. selowitch

selowitch Bit poster

So uncool. To make a big deal about the release of 3.0, to convince me to preorder it by waving a discount, then to screw up the delivery of the new key is really galling, incompetent, and stupid. Nova/SWSoft, may I remind you that you are in the software business?

What makes this kind of task so easy for some companies and so hard for others? Isn't it automated/scripted anyway? I don't get it....

17. loveparallels

loveparallels Bit poster

3.0 Download

Maybe you guys ought to start reading the posts or even calling. I did and called Nova Development and they told me that we would be receiving our preorder versions on Monday via email. Their tech support has always been responsive to me. They told me that the version they wil be releasing is actually a later version that what you all got I guess so hopefully it has some fixes for things people are complaining about. Sometimes the delay is for a reason I guess. Sheesh. People are so impatient here. 2.5 works great for me so I cna wait another day for 3.0.

18. jjfcpa@mindspring.com

jjfcpa@mindspring.com Member

My email was the same as yours with NO download link or activation key. I may call them tomorrow and cancel my order. It sounds like VMWare Fusion beta 4 may already be better than Parallels and I can get that for free right now.

Parallels is doing everything to ensure that we aren't happy!

19. edge35

edge35 Bit poster

I've yet to hear back from tech support. And if what they want to release is a later version of what we got that's cool, but then why did they release the current version? I don't ask for much, but I would like to be able to use software I paid for. Since I've upgraded to what they are calling Parallels 3.0 I now can not use anything other than Boot Camp since I have no activiation key and the trial key doesn't work for me.

20. edge35

edge35 Bit poster

Hey look, another build of 3.0 came out today. Wish I had a key...