Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac Build 15104 is available!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by alev, Jul 11, 2012.

1. alev

alev Parallels Team

Dear Users,

This update for Parallels Desktop for Mac (build 7.0.15104) includes the following fixes and improvements:

- Run Windows 8, Ubuntu, and Fedora on the latest models of Mac computers (MacBook Air (mid 2012), MacBook Pro (mid 2012) , MacBook Pro with Retina display)
    - Run Fedora 17 in virtual machines.
    - Install Parallels Desktop on Mac computers running OS X Mountain Lion.
    - Use IMG disc images for the virtual machine CD/DVD-ROM drive.
    - Use USB 3.0 devices in virtual machines.
    - Improved Parallels Mobile connectivity with Mac.
    - Improved Linux distributions detection during Express installation.
    - Enhanced Retina display support.

Updates for Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac are available via:

- Parallels Desktop in-product updater
    - Parallels Desktop download page - http://www.parallels.com/download/desktop/

Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac Updates Summary: http://kb.parallels.com/en/113626

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  2. LeeBuck

LeeBuck Bit poster

Thank you

Impressive responsiveness. Great to know we can count on you to stay fresh with the new OS releases. Thank you.

3. jeffyjones

jeffyjones Member

So how do you take advantage of the "enhanced" Retina support so that Windows 7 doesn't look terrible? It's still pretty bad.

4. notverycreative

notverycreative Bit poster

Yeah, it doesn't work well at all. It seems to still be a hell of scaling up and down so nothing renders right. Strangely, though, taking a screenshot through Parallels turns out fine.

So, are there any plans to fix this?

5. jeffyjones

jeffyjones Member

Yeah... I'd like to think I've been reasonably patient (I develop software for a living, so I get it), but it's a little frustrating. It's mostly frustrating because two updates claim "Retina support" but in fact don't help at all.

6. mottmike

mottmike Bit poster

I have requested the download link three separate times since last week and haven't received anything. Is there a backlog on your server that handles these requests? Need to updated numerous copies of Parallels and would prefer to do it with a single download.

7. fishfishstinks

fishfishstinks Bit poster

So it says Windows 8, does that mean there's Parallels Tools for it? Last time I tried, trackpad didn't work.

8. dannynguyen

dannynguyen Bit poster

Not Supported on this Architecture

I'm running Parallels Desktop 7 on Mac OS X 10.5.8. I checked for available updates through the application, downloaded and installed the one available, but now can no longer run PD7. When I try to do so, I get the following error:

"You cannot open the application Parallels Desktop because it is not supported on this architecture"

Really?

If the update is not supported, why was it presented to me as an available update on this OS and PD version?

Short of removing and reinstalling, does anyone have any suggestions for correcting this issue?

Thanks!

9. KevinB2

KevinB2 Bit poster

@danny -- why don't you just upgrade to Snow Leopard 10.6 then it probably will be compatible. SL is only $30.

10. LarryMac

LarryMac Bit poster

I installed ML this morning and Parallels 7 wouldn't work until I downloaded the latest version.

Go to the website

http://www.parallels.com/download/desktop/

and they'll email a link to download the most recent .dmg file.

Once I installed that it works great.

11. NaveenS

NaveenS Bit poster

Same problem - Parallels didn't work with Mountain Lion

I had the same problem. Upgraded to ML this morning and then Parallels wouldn't work. Downloaded the file from the trial page and reinstalled - now it *seems* to work fine.

I realized after the fact that I had not shut down my VM - had put it into Suspend before I upgraded to ML. Not sure if that makes a difference, but FWIW.

Shame that Parallels didn't appear to have tested their product with ML

12. AakashG

AakashG Bit poster

Windows 7 still looks terrible

I have installed the latest parallels update and Windows 7 still looks terrible on my Retina Macbook.

There is not "enhanced" retina support.

When will this be fixed ?