Bug with new macbook pro 2012.

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by SchifanoT, Jun 17, 2012.

1. chrisccc

chrisccc Bit poster

Same problem here ...

Hi there,

I am having the same issue here on a mbp 9,1 with intels new ivy bridge. I've tried passing the "nosmep" switch when booting linux to no avail.
    I can confirm that linux runs fine in a dual-boot setup (both ubuntu and arch) on the same macbook.
    Can anyone say if there has been any response from Parallels to this issue so far?

cheers,
    Chris

2. Caesium

Caesium Junior Member

Well, I don't think this really needs any more confirmations of the bug, but what the heck, just to throw in my tuppence to give the Parallels guys some encouragement :p

MBP Retina here too, Ubuntu 12.04 or 11.10 won't boot from LiveCD, 11.04 or lower is absolutely fine.

I did actually manage to upgrade an installed 11.04 to 11.10 and just booted the old 2.6 kernel, but 12.04 won't play nice with the 2.6 kernel so 11.10 will have to do for now.

3. gnepnaur

gnepnaur Bit poster

I have the same problem with my 2012 MacBook Pro, I tried Fedora 17,16 and Ubuntu 12.04,11.10.

4. Jerry Thompson

Jerry Thompson Bit poster

Hello everyone.

Just recently new update of Parallels Desktop 7 was released, http://kb.parallels.com/en/114343 , in release notes of which is:
    Run Windows 8, Ubuntu, and Fedora on the latest models of Mac computers (MacBook Air (mid 2012), MacBook Pro (mid 2012) , MacBook Pro with Retina display).

5. robkore

robkore Bit poster

Seems to have done the trick, thanks.