3.0 problem going to full screen

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Mac Pro 5GB, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Mac Pro 5GB

Mac Pro 5GB Member

In 3188 going from windowed mode to full screen mode worked seamlessly for me. No problems. The windowed mode was about a 1/4 of my 23" display and when I would use keystrokes to go to full screen mode I would get the 1920 x 1200 resolution I was looking for. I would use the keystroke to go back and my same windowed mode would reappear.

Now when I go to full screen mode it does not keep the 1920 x 1200 resolution, it is smaller with black bars around the OS window. I have to go to properties and change the resolution manually. I then keystroke back to the windowed mode and my Mac windows have been resized and repositioned.

Anyone else having problems like this?

2. Mac Pro 5GB

Mac Pro 5GB Member

Never mind. I went to preferences and turned off the button in the appearance tab that says full screen - change Mac OS X resolution and it seems to have fixed it.

Why would you want to change your Mac OS X resolution when going full screen?

3. kezo

kezo Bit poster

I'm having this problem right now and unfortunately for me, the solution you posted up top is not solving the issue. :(

Are there any more solutions?

4. kezo

kezo Bit poster

Nevermind I figured it out -- I didn't have the latest Parallels Tools. If anyone else comes across this make sure that parallels tools are updated to the latest and then apply the suggestion given up top. Solves the problem completely. :)

5. orion2087

orion2087 Bit poster

I was looking for a fix for this too. Thanks.