Build 4124 now available

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by justflybob, Jun 7, 2007.

1. justflybob

justflybob Member

Let me guess, darkone. You ordered the update here, from Parallels directly?

You must have, as I just called Nova Development AGAIN and was told "the product isn't out yet, but a link to the download would be available within a few days."

When I told the customer diservice person that the link wasn't the problem - I need the activation key, she got VERY confused.

Trust me when I say I will never, ever deal with Nova Development again.... once I finally get my activation key, that is. :eek:

2. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

actaully.. i used a link i got in an email that sent me off to element5 (digital river) website to purchase

3. justflybob

justflybob Member

Dangnabit!

Digital River is usually excellent. The folks at Nova seem to follow a bit of a different playbook. :mad:

4. na9d

na9d Hunter

I also pre-ordered and got my Key almost immediately.

5. Floris

Floris Bit poster

Damnit, bought the discount bundle a while ago with 1 year free full upgrade, and now the key doesn't work. I emailed twice so far but haven't heard from the mail from last week or today's mail yet. I really want parallels to work again so I can continue with the review.

6. asp

asp Junior Member

Slow download

Probably not a surprise to most but it took over an hour to download 3.0. Download speed is abour 24KB/sec. Normally, I experience downloads around 80KB/sec. Looking forward to the new enhancements but downloading latter this evening might be better if you are not in a rush.

7. jvgfanatic

jvgfanatic Member

Floris, you are in the same boat as many users. Your 2.5 key will NOT work with 3.0. You will need to wait for whatever company is responsible for sending out your new 3.0 key.

8. d00d

d00d Bit poster

So much for "You'll get your upgrade key, for free, when we go live with the final version." No upgrade key yet. Way to go SWSoft.

*sigh*

9. snodman

snodman Member

I'm still waiting for my upgrade key (I bought last December during the 1 year of Free Upgrades promotion). I have seen Parallels saying that they expect to get keys to us "within a week" of release. So the clock has started, I suppose. *sigh*

10. jvgfanatic

jvgfanatic Member

Well, I did try a trial key for 3.0 and it WORKED! I hope I didn't dig myself a hole though and I'm able to enter the REAL key when I get it. I am using a boot camp partition though so be wary if you are using a vm file.

11. d00d

d00d Bit poster

Within a week? Super. I guess there's no incentive for them to treat us well, considering they already have the money and we have no recourse.

12. justflybob

justflybob Member

dOOd?

As in Kahloz "dOOd"?

Greetings from justflybob

aka "Acoustic"

:eek:

13. d00d

d00d Bit poster

Brother Acoustic? Whoa. It IS me. How are you man? :)

14. justflybob

justflybob Member

Doin' just fine.

Now in Portland, OR

No longer doing the Tahoe thing.

I'll send you on offline message.

Great to hear from ya! :D

15. 2smuth

2smuth Bit poster

3.0 serial # problems

Don't install this update!!

I bought Parallels 3 a few months back, have my receipt and serial #. It worked on the 3188 build and 2 previous. It won't work with this version, the company handling the purchase(regnow) sent me a link to 4124 tonight as well as the same non-working serial number.I had paid a premium to be able to download WORKING software should mine get damaged or lost. I have called them twice and they insist the package and serial # came from the company and referred me to the near non-existant support here. I tried to call but at 7 Eastern Time, they were closed, on the other coast. They told me to email support@parallels.com but they bounce the messages right back at you and refer you to the 3 day form. This is ridiculous.
    Its great when it works but you're own your own if it don't, it took me over 2 hours to dump every piece, including the new file they hid in receipts when you install the latest version, re-install 3036 then 3188, I'm glad I had my VM backed up. It was that or give up for a week until they decide to answer my mail. I guess its the thanks I get for buying this in Beta and giving them money to continue development for half working software.

Give them a few weeks to get it all in one sack before you waste your time like I did.