WLAN 802.1x Authentication

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by OngL, Sep 22, 2010.

1. OngL

OngL Bit poster

My office has recently started to use seamless Wireless LAN authentication using Windows XP's client certificate. The certificate is not exportable, thus I can't use the certificate and configure 802.1x authentication natively in Mac. While I can bridge the Guest OS to Airport in Mac, the interface in Windows XP guest OS remains as ethernet and there is no setting to enable 802.1x authentication by certificate.

I still have Intel PROSET configured in the Windows XP and if only I can turn the parallels network adapter to be WLAN interface, it may work.

Any alternative on how to enable 802.1x authentication from Windows XP Guest OS? I'm using PD6

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Unfortunately it is not possible :( It is the essence of VirtualMachine that devices are virtualized

3. Daniel Mac User

Daniel Mac User Bit poster

Same problem

Was there any alternative to workaround this issue ? is there any way to keep the WLAN interface in the Virtual machine in order to keep the Certificate authentication ?

4. ChingyC

ChingyC Junior Member

As far as latest versions are concerned., I think there are no turn-arounds yet. [​IMG]

5. jacktye12

jacktye12 Bit poster

a year on, any development on this?

Have spent the best part of today trying to find a workaround, but short of getting the OS X machine registered in Active Directory (essentially making it another client on the server - which looks a pain to set up), no joy.

Am surprised this isnt a more discussed topic - assume people end up going the bootcamp way, or stay hardwired to the network in a VM?