Do not install Parallels Update ParallelsDesktop-7.0.15104.778994 doesn't work with

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gartenzwerg, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Gartenzwerg

Gartenzwerg Bit poster

Hello

I just updated to the latest version ParallelsDesktop-7.0.15104.778994.
    My MacBook Pro is a MID 2012, 15" (not the Retina) with Lion 10.7.4
    Guest is also Mac OS X 10.7.4 Lion.

After the first start with the new Parallels Version version 7.0.15104.778994, the Update from Apple cames up and installed the MacBook Pro (mid 2012) Software-Update 1.0. (Retina support, Graphic, USB3).
    Since them, the Virtual Lion 10.7.4 is not longer to work with it. Always the finder crashes. There are no shared folders. A new installation from Parallels Tools doesn't fix it.

Without Apples Software Update, all is OK.

My wife has iMac. No Problem with the update. Everything works fine.

Does anybody have the same problem.

Regards Michael

2. juzci

juzci Guest

Hi Michael,
    sorry to hear that; could you please give us a bit more data to run the investigation? Could you please reproduce it, send us Problem Report as described in http://kb.parallels.com/en/9058 and give me an ID?

Thanks in advance,
    Hanna

3. Gartenzwerg

Gartenzwerg Bit poster

It's on the way, the Problem Report .....

Michael

4. JerryG

JerryG Member

I installed 7.0.15104.778994 and tried to convert a VMWare Windows XP machine. Every time I tried to open the VMWare machine, Parallels just quit. No error message, nothing. Three hours of wasted time.

Then I uninstalled 7.0.15104.778994 and installed 7.0.15098.770637. Opened and converted the VMWare machine with absolutely NO difficulty.

I assume this is a new bug in 7.0.15104.778994 that caused me to waste all that time. Not good for someone who was thinking about switching to Parallels. I think now I'll just stick with VMWare Fusion.

5. juzci

juzci Guest

Hi Jerry,
    thank you for your feedback, we do appreciate it.
    To investigate the issue we need some technical information, so could you please reproduce it, send us Problem Report as described in http://kb.parallels.com/en/9058 and give me an ID?

Thanks in advance,
    Hanna

6. scowles

scowles Bit poster

Is there a way to roll back the update?

My virtual machine stopped working entirely after I installed this build. It expanded to take up all available space on my hard drive and will not compress, claiming I have snapshots even though I have none. I was counting on using my computer this weekend, so I'll have to uninstall Parallels if I do not find a solution today. I tried submitting a support request; I am not sure if it went through. I was unable to generate a problem number as the utility just hangs, crashing like everything else.

Is there a way to just roll back this build so that at least I can get into the system??

S.

7. JerryG

JerryG Member

I've already uninstalled the latest version.

I'm sure you have a VMWare Fusion virtual machine file lying around for testing purposes. Try to convert it to Parallels using the newest Parallels version. If it doesn't work, then you've confirmed my findings. If it does work, then I've got something seriously wrong.

I'll be checking this thread, awaiting your word. This will determine if I switch to Parallels or stay with Fusion.

Thank you.

8. swannbird

swannbird Bit poster

I just downloaded 7.0.15104.778994 today and the tools never loaded properly. Now my files will not share between Parallels and Mac.

9. swannbird

swannbird Bit poster

Problems with 7.0.15104.778994

My printer will no longer respond to Parallels either.

10. juzci

juzci Guest

Jerry,
    not all the bugs are 100% reproducible on any host and any image actually - that's why we ALWAYS need the report from one's particular host where the bug is reproduced. But anyway: we have some reports from other customers now and investigating the issue. Thank you for reporting.

swannbird,
    thank you for feedback, but we need the report too. Could you please reproduce it, send us Problem Report as described in http://kb.parallels.com/en/9058 and give me an ID?

Thanks in advance,
    Hanna

11. swannbird

swannbird Bit poster

7.0.15104.778994 problems

I just did a a problem report.

12. juzci

juzci Guest

And can I have it's ID please?

13. swannbird

swannbird Bit poster

I failed to get the number sorry--this is new to me.

14. swannbird

swannbird Bit poster

Trouble with Parallels download

If you can tell me how to retrieve the problem number i will try.

Can you tell me how to uninstall this download. I cannot even copy from Parallels to my Mac now.

15. YanaYana

YanaYana

In order to get the Report ID - you need to send a new one. Go to Help menu --> Report a problem --> Send report and wait till the popup window will appear telling your report has been sent successfully - you will find the ID in this message .
    As for the temporary downgrading - please refer to the KB below to obtain the previous build http://kb.parallels.com/en/114412

16. tsatmeyt

tsatmeyt Bit poster

@JerryG, is your VMware virtual machine disk is split?

17. mikemM

mikemM Bit poster

Agreed

Do not upgrade-I am running a win7 boot camp partition that one times I boot into parallels. It worked fine for months. After the upgrade-nothing.

Very upset that this has happened.

I tried downgrading, bit no luck so far.

I reported the problem-this needs to be fixed!!!!!!!!!

18. mikemM

mikemM Bit poster

Update

Downgraded to Build 7.0.15098

Update: able to boot into Win7 in Boot camp, no desktop icons, mouse scrolls over the screen. It appears apple drivers are not working (not able to right click)

In parallels, able to boot into win7 in safe mode only (desktop icons appear), unable to boot in normal mode.

anyone with any suggestions??? Please help

19. jeeper46

jeeper46 Bit poster

After installing the new build yesterday I encountered the same problem: Installing the parallel tools in teh VM just arrived at 60% an then stopped.
    There must be a bug. I sent a Problem report, support ID [Parallels #1428282].
    Unbelievable how many time I have to waste with yur products. It ist more the rule than the exemption that an update fails.
    No good.

20. mikemM

mikemM Bit poster

submitted report with ID 16750809 - please help!

The downgrade did not work as it appears the windows partition is now corrupted. I have to go back and re-install everything.