How is it possible after removing parallels and using clean app that it's still there

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by elvtnedge, Jun 7, 2007.

1. elvtnedge

elvtnedge Bit poster

I've had problems installing vista so I gave up and used XP. Well I just got the new version 3.0 today and I used clean app and completely removed parallels. I installed the new version of parallels 3.0 and then I was able to boot up XP with all my files still there.

I would think that once I uninstalled parallels all traces of parallels or XP would be gone? How can you possibly delete an operating system and at a later date install parallels and everything is back.. this makes NO sense to me..

All I want is a fresh install of parallels and vista

thanks

2. STim

STim Bit poster

This is just the way any installer behaves - "Uninstall only what you have installed, and leave any other things as is". As Windows XP was installed not by Parallels Desktop installer itself, it leaves XP as is.

To completely remove Windows XP, just browse to File menu->Delete... This will launch Delete VM wizard. Follow the on-screen help then.

3. elvtnedge

elvtnedge Bit poster

the delete is greyed out... cant access it... xp is currently running

4. jvgfanatic

jvgfanatic Member

therein lies your problem. Turn off XP (get back to the VM control panel) and Delete should then be available.

5. elvtnedge

elvtnedge Bit poster

I was just coming back to post that I figured it out... vista installing now..

thanks guys...