Parallels 3.0

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by veggiedude, May 31, 2007.

1. jvgfanatic

jvgfanatic Member

I've had my card "authorized" (i.e. having the money HELD for up to 10 days) more times than I can count and pretty much every one of those companies said "we will not charge your card until the item ships."

It's just a load of bull, the company doing the charging is essentially unaware (or at the very least has no control) over what your bank does when they authorize the charge. The bank doesn't *have* to hold the money but you can bet they make a hell of a profit off of these held funds.

2. MarkHolbrook

MarkHolbrook Pro

No problem. When I purchased the upgrade it kept refusing my card and after calling the bank they had put a fraud hold on it because the company was international. I appreciate my bank doing that but still...

However once it went through the keys (two copies) arrived almost instantly. I just need software.

Mark

3. justflybob

justflybob Member

Hey, Mark.

You ARE aware that you can download the 3.0 upgrade right here, right now, from the Parallels website, right?

Just click on the "Download" link at the top of this page and you will see the link to Build 4124. That's the one you want.

Good luck and cheers.

4. John the Geek

John the Geek Member

What are you getting so worked up about? Your upgrade to 3.0 will be free, per the deal you bought 2.x under. Those license keys just haven't been mailed out yet, so be patient. They've said time and again that they will honor that deal and make 3.0 free for those people.

5. Horizontal

Horizontal Member

Considering they have never replied to any emails I have sent them during my 6 months of using Parallels I'm not so sure. If they do then I will post here.

6. justflybob

justflybob Member

No kidding! :D

7. dailo

dailo Member

What a crazy day today... Parallels, Bootcamp and Fusion releases all today!

8. justflybob

justflybob Member

Yeah, everybody's trying to beat June 11th so they can go to WWDC and shout "We're Shipping!" for Leopard.

What a joke. :rolleyes:

9. MarkHolbrook

MarkHolbrook Pro

No I didn't realize that. I kept waiting for an announcement! Also I saw many people referring to "friday". So I'll download it and take a look.

Thanks.

M