Parallels Tools will never install

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by TonyA, Jan 26, 2010.

1. TonyA

TonyA Junior Member

I have Mac OS X Server 10.6.2 as guest OS. The Parallels Desktop 5 is the latest build. PD always says "Parallels Tools are not installed. From the Virtual Machine menu, choose Install Parallels Tools." I already did that. 3 times in a row. It still tells me to install it. What should I do about it? I do experience graphic flicker in Bento, so I suspect something connected with Parallels Tools may cause that. Help plz.

2. |\/|urray

|\/|urray Bit poster

I have the same problem running Mac OS X Server 10.5.8 on the latest Parallels 5 Desktop build.

3. ME Johnson

ME Johnson Bit poster

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

4. ME Johnson

ME Johnson Bit poster

I have the same issue. Any fix yet?

5. TonyA

TonyA Junior Member

It looks like they do not really care about Mac Os X Server support and quality... No reply from tech support. They care about WIndows support more, that's why it runs smoothly.. Crap :(

6. PurpleHaze

PurpleHaze Junior Member

same here, tools "not installed"

same for OS X Server 10.5 and 10.6

shared folder makes lame work arounds for some things possible

parallels team please get on the ball

looks like me and the SMB company I work for, which currently has many copies of parallels and VMware Fusion will soon move to VMware exclusively if this is not fixed soon, maybe too late already.

7. TonyA

TonyA Junior Member

Oh yeah move to VMWare, you'll have the same Parallels Tools bug and it will work the same under Fusion, so do not expect any difference. Both VMWare and Parallels do not really concentrate on Mac OS X server support, that is bad.

8. patddfan88

patddfan88 Member

Parallels 5 issues

Hey everyone, the reason Parallels Desktop 5 is causing you issues is because you have the wrong program. if you want to use Parallels on a Server, then you should have purchased the Server edition of Parallels Desktop. the Desktop edition was designed for Home users, not Servers!

9. TonyA

TonyA Junior Member

patddfan88, nobody's trying to install desktop version of Paralles on server machine! Read with the both eyes. People here virtualize Mac OS X Server using Parallels Desktop on their Macs!

10. JensS

JensS Bit poster

I've exactly the same problem. Did anyone report it to the Parallel's Support oder Developer Team?

11. JensS

JensS Bit poster

I've exactly the same problem. Did anyone report it to the Parallel's Support oder Developer Team?

12. WendyD

WendyD Bit poster

Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  13. MerylS

MerylS Junior Member

I have precisely the same downside. Any solution yet?