When will maintence keys go out?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by ewinemiller, Jun 7, 2007.

1. ewinemiller

ewinemiller Bit poster

I see this in the upgrade FAQ

Q: I bought Parallels Desktop during the last Christmas Holidays with the Upgrade Protection. And still I'm receiving and email about pre-order. Isn't I'm supposed to get all upgrades for free?
    A: We have sent pre-order announcements to all of our registered customers. If you have Upgrade Protection or Maintenance purchased you'll receive your Parallels Desktop 3.0 key for free as soon as it goes GA. If you have free upgrades purchased and ordered the product by mistake - feel free to contact us at order-support@parallels.com and our Customer Service will help you.

It's GA, I bought during this promotion and haven't seen a 3.0 key. Have they gone out yet?

Thanks.

2. d00d

d00d Bit poster

From what I've read and experienced myself, no.

Piss poor customer service IMO.

3. Pleiades

Pleiades Member

As I posted in another thread, I didn't get an email either with an activation key. However, when I followed the link in the pre-order confirmation to check up on my "order data", it took me to a web page that contained a Parallels 3.0 upgrade key.

See if your confirmation email has a similar link. The first link is to "Answers to the most frequently asked questions / Contact:".

The second link says, "Your order data:"

That's the link I followed.

4. valechox

valechox Junior Member

That link to the regnow site that reflects a 3.0 license code only repeats the activation code originally provided for ver 2.5 which is not valid for 3.0.....even though it says a 3.0 activation code on the form.

5. Pleiades

Pleiades Member

That's odd. Mine did. It specifically said on the website that it was my Parallels 3.0 upgrade key. I tried it last night and it worked. The code I got from the website activated my downloaded copy of 3.0 just fine. It's up and running now.

6. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

7. d00d

d00d Bit poster

So it does, but it seems to me that's not a good policy for maintaining a happy relationship with your existing customer base. They've been working on it how long now and they couldn't figure out a way to have the numbers ready to coincide with release?

8. David5000

David5000 Pro

Yesterday I sent an e-mail asking about this. Here is the reply I received this morning:

"We apologize for the inconvenience caused, due to the great interest of
    our customers in the new release there were some technical trouble with
    the servers. We are doing our best to solve this situation as soon as
    possible and you should receive the email shortly. Please contact us
    again by replying to this email if you won't receive and email in a few
    days. Also please make sure that the purchase email hasn't been stopped
    by your email spam filter."

David

9. masonjames

masonjames Junior Member

I think Pleiades is referring to the fact that he paid for the pre-order. The original question is for those of us do a free maintenance upgrade. I don't see any links like the one he mentions, but I didn't do the pre-order thing. Looks like we'll just have to wait up to a few more days... *sigh*

10. justflybob

justflybob Member

It's 11:57AM PDT...

Do you know where your maintenance key is?

I SURE DON"T! ;-(

11. Barbatto

Barbatto Junior Member

My concern is my upgrade key will get flagged as spam and I'll miss it and have no way to request Parallels to send me another key.

It would be nice if they'd make your keys available via the "My Account" function.

Oh well, as long as I get it before the trial expires, I'm ok.....