Vista Boot Camp is not loading in 3.0

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by brumelibrum, Jun 7, 2007.

1. brumelibrum

brumelibrum Bit poster

When trying to start my boot camp installation for the first time from within Parallels 3.0 I get the message " Windows failed to load because the firmware (BIOS) is not ACPI comaptible"

Any hints on how to get past this?

BR
    /Björn

2. gooberdlx

gooberdlx Junior Member

I have the same exact problem... I think it's because our installs happened before Parallels 3.0 and Vista is thinking it has a different BIOS than what Parallels is going for...

3. lblair

lblair Bit poster

Vista Boot Camp not loading

I had the same problem till I double checked and found that I had to ensure that the operating system TYPE was Windows and VISTA as the version. The boot camp configuration for Parallels 3.0 was set at WinXP and I didn't check it at first. It then took quite a while to configure drivers, but it is operating fine now.

4. iNfEk

iNfEk Junior Member

I installed my vista partition through boot camp then started 3.0 within mac os x and booted off the boot camp partition. when finally bringing up vista i get a message stating that windows needs to install my ethernet controller then everything freezes. I cannot do anything except stop the virtual drive.

Whats going on?

I made sure the partition type was vista and not xp. I'm allocating 1024 MB for memory and I have 3GB total memory installed on my MBP C2D

5. flaiodanny

flaiodanny Junior Member

6. iNfEk

iNfEk Junior Member

I've even maxed out the memory to 1500MB and still the same thing happens.

7. gooberdlx

gooberdlx Junior Member

I finally figured mine out... I noticed that my Boot Camp VM configuration said Windows XP... SO I switched it over to Vista and it booted... Just like other people in this thread...

8. gooberdlx

gooberdlx Junior Member

It quickly stopped.. just as described in the other thread mentioned here...