Help removing Parallels 6 after Mountain Lion install

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by GordonA, Jul 26, 2012.

1. GordonA

GordonA Bit poster

Based on the response from Parallels on there decision not to upgrade version 6 to support Mountain Lion I would like to remove the product and all of the windows stuff I had installed to free up valuable disk space. I can't seem to find any information on how to accomplish this. I was lazy and didn't check to see what programs were not supported on the new OS and I am now paying the price, but I will not give Parallels any more money for their products.

Thanks for any assistance.

2. chabig

chabig Hunter

It's very simple. All you have to do is open the Parallels dmg file and run the uninstaller.

3. GordonA

GordonA Bit poster

Can you point me to where the dmg file will be located after the Mountain Lion install?

Thanks

4. chabig

chabig Hunter

If you didn't save the Parallels dmg, you can get the Parallels 6 uninstaller here. I'll leave it there for 24 hours.

5. GordonA

GordonA Bit poster

Thanks, but Mountain Lion won't let me run the uninstaller program you provided. Its "from an unidentified developer".

6. cpprusell

cpprusell Bit poster

Settings>Security>Allow applications downloaded from>anywhere

7. SusanLake

SusanLake Bit poster

I'm one of those who failed to remove parallels before installing mountain lion. Is there any way you could re-post the uninstall?