BSOD prl_vadd.dll Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by GenevieveH, May 15, 2012.

1. YanaYana

YanaYana

Well, actually replacing the file is not the best solution as well and it is not actually very safe. It's never safe to move any system files in the mounted VM - if it does not let you to remove/replace any file in running Windows - there is a reason for that, right?
    I'd suggest to run system repair and fix some possible system misconfigs or even errors. Upgrade to Windows 7 - is actually Windows reinstallation - fresh Windows obviously works better as it does not have yet any errors or corrupted system files.

2. GenevieveH

GenevieveH Member

Well, either way I'm still getting this Blue Screen of Death with "prl_vadd.dll" still mentioned, yes I have tried a clean wipe/xp-reinstall no change... I have a feeling that the cause is a Parallels Desktop 7 update, if I could go back some version builds while still staying PD7 that might fix it...

And before that tried the repair but it wouldn't work as it specifically wanted a file from the Parallels Installation disc which of course no longer has that (just Transponder)...

3. YanaYana

YanaYana

4. GenevieveH

GenevieveH Member

so build 7.0.15098.

hmm my parallels desktop 7 says its build is 7.0.15094

will update later, trying newest update... if this don't work may need one at or before build 7.0.15094....

5. GenevieveH

GenevieveH Member

Solved now, apparently 7.0.15104 build fixed whatever was the problem...

6. VinceCamm

VinceCamm Bit poster

Agreed. I took the plunge and upgraded to build 15106 and no BSOD. Kudos to parallels programmers for fixing this bug. I really didn't think it would happen, but now I feel confident in upgrading to ML.