Do not install Parallels Update ParallelsDesktop-7.0.15104.778994 doesn't work with

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gartenzwerg, Jul 12, 2012.

1. YanaYana

YanaYana

Not Parallels or Windows are corrupted in your case - Parallels Tools installation hanged right? Parallels tools it is actually a branch of drivers - video, network, mouse driver etc. which makes Windows to work smoothly on Mac. As installation proceed to 60% - previous PToos were removed i suppose - this is why your Windows looks so strange. You need to make sure all old files are gone and install tools again from the virtual machine menu--> Install PTools. check this kb http://kb.parallels.com/8969

2. EvelineF

EvelineF Bit poster

build 7.0.15104

no shared folders anymore...was this build tested?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  3. YanaYana

YanaYana

Shared folders are part of Parallels Tools too - it mean they are not installed properly. Try to reinstall them

4. EvelineF

EvelineF Bit poster

Ahmm....I know, I did and nothing changed....downgrading worked and things look more or less like they used to. I use shared disks/folders extensively and this one change essentially bricked Parallels for me so it was in my interest to spend a bit of time to try and get it all back into a working state.

I stand by what I wrote I in the last post.

5. YanaYana

YanaYana