v3 idle processor usage nearly doubled

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by rhind, Jun 7, 2007.

1. rhind

rhind Member

The only thing I've really noticed so far with v3 is that my idle processor usage has gone from 6% to 10% which is quite a big increase. No noticable difference in performance, but 10% now seems very high when the VM is doing nothing.

This is an image-based VM of XP SP 2 running on a iMac 2.33GHz w/3Gb RAM. (I've assigned 1Gb and 16Mb VRAM to the VM).

Have done nothing else to the VM, Parallels 3 is just using more processor usage.

Anyone know where there is a download for build 3188?

Cheers

Russell

2. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

You should be able to follow the link to 4124 except change 4124 to 3188. I installed the new Fusion Beta 4 today and the cpu usage dropped to the point that it looks like it's not even running. I fired up Pinball in demo mode to see if it would kick it up a bit and it did but not by much. I'm still backing up my Parallels vm's so don't know yet how it's going to do.

3. rhind

rhind Member

Thanks but I've just tried that and it re-directs you back to the main download page (unless I've got the link wrong). The 4124 build has spaces in the filename (%20), not sure if 3188 did or not.

I have a Fusion VM set up so will try and get beta 4 and see how that works. If Fusion has unity, dual-core support and low processor usage (and similar/better performance than parallels) then it will do for what I want.

Cheers

Russell