Five days left on Trial Activation Key - Solution?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Parallels User, Apr 30, 2006.

1. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

2. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Junior Member

I have the same question. I pre-ordered as well.

3. dhjdhj

dhjdhj Hunter

Me too. (Here is some useless extra text as the forum won't let me post a short message - duh)
    D

4. dylansm

dylansm Member

Same question here, please.

5. dirk@hohndel.org

dirk@hohndel.org Member

I think all of us who got started the day that Parallels released Beta 1 will be in that same boat. Five more days. I know that Parallels promised to extend the keys - but I'll be traveling next week and don't know how regularly I'll have internet access - and sure would like to continue to use Parallels.

Should we just get a new 30 day key from the web site? What's the recommended work-around?

/D

6. MacTopia

MacTopia Member

Just log back where you got your original trial key with your account and request a new trial key. It will be good for 30 days from the current date.

7. Scott Willsey

Scott Willsey Hunter

I don't think so. I did this, activated using the new key, and I'm still getting the warning that the trial ends in 5 days.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2006
  8. MacTopia

MacTopia Member

Scott, did you get a new e-mail with a new Activation key?

I just re-tested this today, and got another key with a start and end date of 2006-04-29 and 2006-05-29 respectively...

<cut>
    Thank you for your interest in Parallels Workstation! Your trial activation key is below:

PRODUCT : Parallels Workstation 2.1 for Mac OS X
    ACTIVATION KEY : ******
    START DATE : 2006-04-29
    END DATE : 2006-05-29
    </cut>

This is confirmed by the About/License information display from PW...

----------

License information:

You are using a trial time-limited copy of Parallels Workstation 2.1. To ensure continuous use of the product after the trial period expires, please purchase a permanent activation key at any time during your trial. When you receive the activation key, provide it in Help->Activate Product dialog.

User Name: *********
    Company Name: *********
    ---
    Product ID:
    00005-00039549-0004
    Validity period:
    April 29, 2006 - May 29, 2006
    Primary OS(es):
    Mac OS X
    Terminal Services:
    no

Additional information:
    Virtualization mode:
    Intel VT-x
    Remote client session:
    off

-------------

I would check first to make sure that the e-mail you received states a correct Start and End Dates and that the Activation key has been updated in your app. Otherwise, I don't know what is going on.

Kevin

Update: Also, see this thread ...http://forum.parallels.com/thread1285.html

Last edited: Apr 30, 2006
  9. Scott Willsey

Scott Willsey Hunter

Actually I didn't look close enough. They sent me the same key and/or expiration date as I already had. So unless there's a way to force a new key to be sent instead of the one I got when I first downloaded Parallels, that's not going to help much.

10. Scott Willsey

Scott Willsey Hunter

Just tried again and they just keep sending me the same key and expiration over and over.

11. MacTopia

MacTopia Member

Sorry, I wish I could help. I have gone to my account twice now and each e-mail has a new Activation key and has a different 30-day range. From the other thread I referenced, parallels states that beta testers will get an extended key, so maybe this is done on their system and your account hasn't been updated yet.

12. dhjdhj

dhjdhj Hunter

Yep, I just tried it as well and got the same key that I had before, expires on May 6th. I suppose I would get a new key if I registered again with a different email address but i don't feel like doing that. I'm going to assume that Parallels will address this before May 6th. I haven't received my permanent key either, even though I preordered weeks ago.
    D

13. mlandel

mlandel Member

I also got the same key.
    Started from Beta1 and pre-ordered as well.
    Also never got anything about my pre-order. . .

14. wesley

wesley Pro

It could be that Parallels may be sending us a new key automatically and we don't have to do anything from our side.