Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac Build 15106 is available!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by alev, Aug 3, 2012.

1. alev

alev Parallels Team

Dear Users,

This update for Parallels Desktop for Mac (build 7.0.15106) addresses overall stability and performance issues and includes the following fixes:

- Resolves an issue with installing Parallels Desktop in Mac OS X Leopard 10.5 or later.
    - Resolves an issue with opening third-party virtual machines in Parallels Desktop.
    - Resolves an issue with managing Mac computers running OS X Mountain Lion via Parallels Mobile.
    - The power saving option is now available for new MacBook Pros (mid 2012) and MacBook Pros with Retina display.

Updates for Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac are available via:

- Parallels Desktop in-product updater
    - Parallels Desktop download page - http://www.parallels.com/download/desktop/

Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac Updates Summary: http://kb.parallels.com/en/113626

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  2. jeffyjones

jeffyjones Member

And I see it still doesn't work with the Retina MBP display. The silence on this is deafening.

3. Michael Nordmeyer

Michael Nordmeyer Bit poster

Mountain Lion VM gone?

Did you remove the feature to create a Mountain Lion VM from Mountain Lion's recovery partition? I saw it just before upgrading in 7.0.15104. Now in 7.0.15106 it's gone.

4. LynnO

LynnO Member

The download page for Parallels 7 links to ParallelsVirtualizationSDK-6.0.15106.786747.dmg instead of something with SDK-7... in the name. What is the latest version of the SDK, and where is it linked?

Thanks...
    Lynn

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  5. WillemP

WillemP Bit poster

This update is again causing problems. It hangs about 60% through the update. I then stopped it after an hour, uninstalled (which took another hour) and downloaded the upgrade directly from the download page. Tried again - same results. Eventually I had to go back to 15104.

It regularly happens with me on updates - its a hit and run situation where I have to keep previous working versions in case the new upgrade screws things up.

Every time I have to remove the broken installation (after the upgrade hung) and then reinstall an older version. It's a big waste of time and very frustrating.

Macbook Pro i7, 8Gb memory

6. mephisto79

mephisto79 Bit poster

I tried this version on my MBP 15" 2011 mid and failed every time on license agreement page.
    no matter I am trying to upgrade or re-install it, it just crashed. the only thing I can do successfully is uninstall my previous version of PD but after that I can do nothing.

already sent a ticket to support but they told me to download the "most updated version" which I already tried. :-(

======================================================
    eventually the problem solved.
    the support team want to connect from remote then I switch my language to English (originally I am using Traditional Chinese) and give it a try again. then the problem solved. :)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  7. richardlx

richardlx Bit poster

Does team of parallel ever respond to customer's inquiry on this forum or are we just wasting time?

Latest build SUCKS. MOST important, it broke resolution control under imac. I no LONGER can get to resoluation higher than 1920x1200...

Can you please take responsiblity and either fix the release OR give us way to downgrade from this HORRIBLE BUILD.

8. richardlx

richardlx Bit poster

Does this forum get monitored by parallels at all? Or am I just SOL?

9. richardlx

richardlx Bit poster

This is just terrible and waste of a time.

10. jeffma

jeffma Bit poster

Does team of parallel ever respond to customer's inquiry on this forum or are we just wasting time. It is just waste of time.

11. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi everyone,

Yes, this forum is monitored by Parallels representatives and we do our best to cover as many threads as possible. However the Forum cannot be considered as a Support Ticket, it's designed for the people to share their feedback, questions&answers, i.e. to discuss everything related to Parallels Desktop.

12. Andrew@Parallels

Parallels Desktop 7 has limited support of Retina displays:
    http://kb.parallels.com/en/114110

What exactly is not working on your Mac?

13. Andrew@Parallels

Guest Mountain Lion support is available for Parallels Desktop 8 only.

14. Andrew@Parallels

15. Andrew@Parallels

All the download links to the old versions of Parallels Desktop are available here:
    http://kb.parallels.com/en/5802

16. Andrew@Parallels

Do you run Parallels Desktop 7 on a MacBook with Retina display? When you say it broke the resolution on your Mac, have you tried to temporarily remove Parallels Desktop for the "clean test"? Update us with results please.

17. AnonseT

AnonseT Bit poster

I think this link is broken. It doesn't come up on my end