Dropping Crystal Mode Does Not Work

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by therealchrisbye, Aug 13, 2012.

1. therealchrisbye

therealchrisbye Bit poster

Like many other PD7 users, I have found Coherence Mode unworkable in Mountain Lion. It was suggested elsewhere that a possible workaround is to not use Crystal Mode when working in Coherence Mode.

This has not worked for me. No matter what I try, when I work in Coherence Mode with ML and PD7, my Windows software is practically unusable. When I try to open a dialogue box, there can be a 30 second delay before it comes to the forefront; in the meantime the application is non-responsive. It is absolutely abysmal.

Very frustrated. Also frustrated at the lack of response from the Parallels team. Other than the "Tech Guarantee", there has been very little mentioned about it.

2. chabig

chabig Hunter

I've given up on Coherence mode in Mountain Lion and have gone to full screen instead, using ML's excellent Mission Control and three-finger swipes to move between environments. I'm sure the Parallels team will find a fix, and when they do I will return to Coherence.

3. strells

strells Product Expert

See the posts in the Windows discussion forum to follow this issue. Everybody is having problems.

Steve