3.0 Upgrade WinXP Unknown "PCI Bridge Device"

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by thughes, Jun 8, 2007.

1. thughes

thughes Bit poster

Just did the upgrade to 3.0. Upon converting my existing XP image, Windows wanted a driver for an unknown "PCI Bridge Device". Auto-install didn't find anything. It is not the network or sound driver (those seem to work).

Parallels... any ideas?

2. igrover

igrover Bit poster

I had the same problem. After the second time of trying to find the driver I told the system to ignore and I have not seen the message since.

3. tinyhunter

tinyhunter Bit poster

hope you installed the new PTools.. My Upgarde went smooth as a baby.. xp and Vista images loaded with out any issues.

4. thughes

thughes Bit poster

Install of latest Parallels Tools did the trick!

After the second (or was it third?) reboot and installation of the new version of the Parallels tools (which crashed twice), the PCI issue is gone, as others have noted.

Hope that helps others.

BTW... I'm a little concerned about the stability of this release. I'm seeing some odd behaviour (including a system freeze, which NEVER happens on my MBP). Good luck, all!

Tim

5. Shidayu

Shidayu Member

I had many of these same problems with 3.0, but since I am not averse to such, I completely deleted my Windows XP disk image and built up a new one from scratch. No problems whatsoever now, and very happy with the new features.