Anyone seeing this installing Tools in 3.0?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by dvinnola, Jun 8, 2007.

1. dvinnola

dvinnola Junior Member

I am trying to install Parallel Tools in the latest build, and keep getting an error about the Resolution Tool. Screen cap is attached.

Attached Files:

2. Archy

Archy Bit poster

dvinnola,
    Have you tried to install Tools in normal, not in safe, mode?

3. dvinnola

dvinnola Junior Member

Multiple times. I have also tried to reinstall Parallels to see if that makes a difference.

4. dvinnola

dvinnola Junior Member

I may be on to something. Every time I try to restart in safe mode or regular, I am asked to install a video driver (prlicd32) which I cannot find. This must be related to the error I was getting before. The driver isn't located in the parallel tools directory, nor is it mounted during the parallel tools install. Does anyone have this driver?

5. 4sprout

4sprout Bit poster

I experienced this problem too! However, I closed the VM, restarted the machine and relaunched the VM. I then reinstalled parallel tools. It made it past this error but then just crashed with no warning. Now, my mouse and keyboard does not work in VM. Very very frustrating. What to do?

6. Mike@Parallels

Mike@Parallels Hunter

Hello,

2 dvinnola check your private messages please

2 4sprout Start Parallels - go to Actions menu - Prepare Parallels Tools Upgrade - Start Windows. Reinstall Parallels tools if you will have mouse and keyboard