Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac - 2012.09.04

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Chris@Parallels, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

[​IMG]

There has been a lot of buzz and questions from our customers regarding "When is Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac" going to be released. Well you asked us, and here is your answer!

Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is will be broadly available on September 4, 2012!

We will also remind folks that our Tech Guarantee is in place, so qualifying purchases of either the upgrading or full license of Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac now will receive an upgrade to Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac at no additional cost.
    What does this mean? Visit our Tech Guarantee page for details: http://www.parallels.com/techguarantee2012/

While we are excited to let you know the date, we don't want to ruin the surprises we have in store for Parallels Desktop 8!

Stay tuned for more updates and announcements from the Parallels Team!

Thanks!
    Chris

2. JohnNash

JohnNash Member

Features

Maybe I'm just blind, but I can't seem to find anything on the site about the differences between v7 and v8? Can you post a link?

3. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Hi JohnNash,

The announcement is just to answer all the questions around when we are planning on releasing Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac for general availability. Stay tuned for more updates and information...

4. carlosrodzbotet

carlosrodzbotet Hunter

OK wait a minute. So I have PD7 and use Lion. I was going to upgrade one of my machines today to Mountain Lion to see how it works with PD7. With the release date of September 4 so close does that mean that instead of fixing the ML issues in PD7 that I'm going to have to upgrade to PD8 for it to work correctly with ML?

If that's the case please tell us now so I stay with Lion and PD7, a combination which works perfectly for me.

5. tagarinconada

tagarinconada Bit poster

Well, actually Parallels Desktop 8 was created for Windows 8. I would say to stay with 7 if you are keeping Lion. If you go to ML get PD 8. You see how Parallels Desktop numbers with Mac OS? 10.8 is PD 8. That goes the same now with Windows i think. This keeps things simple for them.

6. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Customers who have purchased Parallels Desktop 7 (full or upgrade) under our Tech Guarantee 2012 will be receiving their no-charge upgrade keys today! Please look out for an email from Parallels (remember to check your spam folder if you don’t see it) for your new key and information on how to get your copy of Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac today.

PS…Remember, it is still not too late to purchase a copy of Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac to be covered under our Tech Guarantee. See www.parallels.com/techguarantee2012 for complete details

7. danieltharris

danieltharris Member

If you purchased Parallels 7 as part of a software bundle from a reseller, are you still eligible for the upgrade?

I purchased within the correct dates to be eligible, but got PD7 as part of a bundle from Stack Social.

They often have PD in their bundles, so assume they are an official reseller.

8. AbijithC

AbijithC Bit poster

Parallels Desktop 8 is awesome one.

9. AbijithC

AbijithC Bit poster

Parallels Desktop 7 to 8 Upgrading Tech guarantee

It is not like that . the customers who have already purchased Parallels Desktop 7 after July 25th are eligible for the upgrading to Parallels Desktop 8 now they will be getting an email link .

10. YanaYana

YanaYana

If you already have PD 7 for a while and wonder if it works with Mountain Lion - it does. You don't have to upgrade to PD 8 in order to run PD on Mountain Lion

11. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

The good news is if you purchased Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac as part of a bundle (like Stack Social) during the Tech Guarantee, you will be eligible for the upgrade to Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac. Just go to our www.parallels.com/techguarantee2012 page and submit your request from the online form.

12. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Clarification on Upgrade Key Delivery

Hi All,

Just to clarify a few things for you.

If you purchased an upgrade or full version of Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac during our Tech Guarantee that began on July 25, 2012, you will automatically receive an email from Parallels with your upgrade key for Parallels Desktop 8. If you purchased directly from Parallels, there is no need to file an online upgrade request.

If you purchased from an authorized re-seller of Parallels during the same period, you MUST file for the upgrade key using our online request form at www.parallels.com/techguarantee2012 . You must have an itemized copy of our receipt/invoice included in your request.

Thanks and enjoy your copies of Parallels Desktop 8!
    Chris

13. DigitalDog

DigitalDog Bit poster

Hi Chris

I purchased 2 upgrade copies of Parallels through the Parallels website on 30 August 2012. Apparently we were to be notified by email within 5 business days of the 4th September launch of how to upgrade to version 8. Do you know when we will be notified?

Thanks
    Sean

14. JacobZ

JacobZ Junior Member

Hi Sean,

I'm going to send you a private message asking you for some details to help you sort this out!

Thanks,
    Parallels Support