Windows will not pop to the front or top on a mouse click in Parallels Desktop 7

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by CristianL, Jul 26, 2012.

1. YanaYana

YanaYana

Thanks a lot. Can you please send the Problem Report from Help menu --> report a problem and post the ID here? Thank you!

2. Richard3

Richard3 Member

But the problem was not happening when I click to create the report (and I am pretty sure the problem does not exist when I am out of "Coherence Mode") Is there a way to send this report when in "Coherence Mode"?

Edit:
    FYI, I also updated 10.8.1 and the problem happened again within a hour - just so you know why I posted the ID (its after I updated my Mac).

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  3. nxlbob

nxlbob Bit poster

Same after 10.8.1

Got an email this morning from Parallels telling me to upgrade to 10.8.1, which I did. The window issue still exists for me.

4. GabrielMichaud

GabrielMichaud Bit poster

Same issue here, even after upgrading to 10.8.1.

5. RiX

RiX Junior Member

This is not a fix for the windowing issue !!!!!!

http://kb.parallels.com/en/114472

PARALLELS SUPPORT SAYS,
    If the issue still persists on 10.8.1
    Minimize this window to Task bar and click on it again to maximize it.

THIS IS NOT A FIX !!!!!! THIS IS NOT A FIX !!!!!! THIS IS NOT A FIX !!!!!!
    THIS IS NOT A FIX !!!!!!

FIX THIS SHIT ONCE AND FOR ALL !!!

I SENT IN ALL THE PROBLEMS REPORTS

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?p=637014#post637014

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?p=632874#post632874

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?p=633188#post633188

Application windows in Coherence do not come to front after upgrade to OS X Mountain Lion
    Article ID: 114472
    APPLIES TO:
    Desktop Virtualization
    Symptoms
    You are no longer able to switch between application windows in Coherence mode after upgrade to OS X Mountain Lion.
    Solution
    Update your OS X to 10.8.1. by clicking on Apple logo > Check for Updates... and install the latest OS X update

If the issue still persists
    Minimize this window to Task bar and click on it again to maximize it.

6. mburstin

mburstin Junior Member

I still get the issue running 10.8.1. I submitted support ticket 1452490.

7. GabrielMichaud

GabrielMichaud Bit poster

I confirm this is fixed in the new Parallels Desktop version 8.

8. MartijnS

MartijnS Bit poster

Just upgraded to Parallels 8 and Coherence is working fine again...

9. ekimneems

ekimneems Junior Member

So does that mean we have to pay $50 just to get this fixed?

10. MartijnS

MartijnS Bit poster

If you wan't it to be fixed instantly, then yes. I assume does fix the problem in 7 as well.

That said. I am having other problems with the fresh new #8: Coherence works fine, but sometimes my mouse pointer is 5 cm 'off sync'!!??

11. Bruce Brown

Bruce Brown Junior Member

I upgraded to P8 yesterday and am still having the same issues in Coherence.

12. richfbrown

richfbrown Member

Same problem, Parallels 7 and MacOS X 10.8.1

I also have the same problem with Coherence model

13. MartinLiss

MartinLiss Member

The Parallels 8 upgrade works for me. For those who still have the paging problem did you try what's suggested in this article as was suggested earlier? http://kb.parallels.com/en/114529

14. MartinLiss

MartinLiss Member

Forget my last suggestion. I found that after upgrading to P8 when 'Use Crystal Mode' is checked that I still don't have any of the problems mentioned here. HOWEVER, when 'Use Crystal Mode' is NOT checked I could not get the F1 through F4 keys to work when in the virtual machine via fn+F4 (for example) like they did in P7. Also and this is a new problem, when 'Use Crystal Mode' IS checked I don't see a way to get to the Parallels Preferences. Does snyone know how?

15. ekimneems

ekimneems Junior Member

FYI, there was an update to PD7 and somehow, this is still not fixed yet. Mods, is there an acknowledgement that this issue is going to be fixed soon? I paid full price for this product only 6 months ago, and apparently the only way for me to use it as I was before 10.8 is to pay $50 to upgrade to PD8.

In the meantime, I may need to switch back to Fusion, because this is just taking forever.

16. eosmann

eosmann Bit poster

Don't bother with upgrading to PD8, although the upgrade works better with the window focus, its very buggy as well. Sometimes the same issue exists - all in all they have issues with coherence mode since the OS update which is making using their tool very frustrating at best!

A plea to Parallels - PLEASE get this fixed! Please provide some useful status at the very least. Come on!

17. therealchrisbye

therealchrisbye Bit poster

We've upgraded to PD8, running the latest build and still, we get the problems other people describe about Windows application windows "disappearing" when running in Coherence.

Please fix this ASAP. We are going to be looking at Fusion very soon.

18. Danlor

Danlor Bit poster

getting to options after disabling crystal mode

You can get to preferences by right clicking the parallels icon.

I'm testing out this work around now to see if it helps at all.

I have the problem for a long time under PD7, but nothing to the degree it is in PD8. Its borderline unusable.

19. Danlor

Danlor Bit poster

Doesn't work. I had to re-enable crystal mode. With Crystal turned off I couldn't get the windows to re-layer at all.

BTW, I have submitted this to support

20. jrobcet

jrobcet Junior Member

Disappointing...

I have to say this is very disappointing. This issue is almost 2 months old and there is still no fix. In the meantime, another major version upgrade of Parallels has been released that appears to have fixed the issue.

I understand resources are limited, and Parallels was probably focused on getting out the next version. Trouble is, current customers with this bug feel we are being put in a position of having to pay (for an upgrade) to fix a bug in software we already paid for. I'm sure that's not Parallels intention, but businesses need to be careful about customer perceptions. When current customers feel forgotten and left behind, they go somewhere else.

Having a major selling feature (Coherence) of your software broken for two months is bad.