Parallels Tech Guarantee for purchases & upgrades following Mountain Lion release

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Chris@Parallels, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Hi negativenathan,

We were offering our Upgrade Protection throughout July that was offered in the cart during check-out. I have sent you a Private Message.

Chris

2. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Customers who have purchased Parallels Desktop 7 (full or upgrade) under our Tech Guarantee 2012 will be receiving their no-charge upgrade keys today! Please look out for an email from Parallels (remember to check your spam folder if you don’t see it) for your new key and information on how to get your copy of Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac today.

PS…Remember, it is still not too late to purchase a copy of Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac to be covered under our Tech Guarantee. See www.parallels.com/techguarantee2012 for complete details.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  3. negativenathan

negativenathan Bit poster

I've been a software developer for over 10 years and this is the first time I have ever heard of selling insurance to protect customers against software upgrades. What will they think of next?

4. eduardomori

eduardomori Bit poster

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2012
  5. GmanMac

GmanMac Bit poster

I'm trying to register obtain the automatic upgrade for those who purchased after the 25th. I've filled out all the required info but the submit button doesn't work. I've tried with two different browsers. Is anyone having this issue?

6. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Hi GmanMac,

I have checked with our webteam and the customer submission form has not reported issues. Try to clear your cache on one of the browsers and see if that helps, if not, please reach out to social(at)parallels(.)come and provide us with all the information that is asked for on the Tech Guarantee page and we will submit and process the request for you manually.

Chris

7. GrantH80

GrantH80 Bit poster

I purchased Parallels 7 mid June. There was no upgrade protection offered. I have not even activated my code yet and recently updated to Mountain Lion. Is there anything that can be done to accommodate this or will I have to look elsewhere for an optimum ML experience?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  8. carlosrodzbotet

carlosrodzbotet Hunter

Parallels said this a few posts back :

Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac does work with Mountain Lion and updates on version 7 will be released, if needed.
    There are additional features of Mountain Lion that will enhanced in Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac.

I recommend you read the entire thread because it gives more information on this subject so you can make a better decision. I'm using PD7 with Lion and it works perfect. I paid and upgraded to ML to test and everything looked good but I returned to Lion because I read a lot of issues with ML not even having to do with Parallels and I don't need any
    hassles right now. If it's not broken don't fix it so I'll wait to upgrade to ML later.

9. CLivengood

CLivengood Bit poster

My credit card transaction says I purchased on the 25th. Yet i can't get the upgrade to work. What gives?

10. carlosrodzbotet

carlosrodzbotet Hunter

I noticed this is your first post so welcome to the forums. Did you call or email Parallels to find out?

11. CLivengood

CLivengood Bit poster

I got the Parallels 8 email today so I decided to check it out.

Upon checking it out I realized that it was best designed for Mountain Lion. Additionally, as a guy who avoids early adoption I am just now seriously considering the Mountain Lion upgrade. However, I was dismayed to find out that under my user account I was unable to automatically qualify for the upgrade. I knew that i bought Parallels 7 recently but wasn't sure when. I went back through my credit card bills and sure enough Paralells is show "DRI*Parallels, INC" as being billed on 7/25.

12. carlosrodzbotet

carlosrodzbotet Hunter

Did you call or email Parallels to find out?

13. GaryDM

GaryDM Bit poster

Unhappy with Upgrade pricing for a new Retina MPB

Like many others on this thread I was unhappy to discover that the copy of Parallels 7, purchased in late June specifically to suppport my new retina mbp, would not be in fact be eligible for free upgrade even though it has never worked quite right on this machine.

The required upgrade price is quite punitive since it is roughly equal to the going price of Mac bundles that will inevitably include it and the new license price of their competitor's product.

While I am sure (as they are fond of repeating), the policy falls within the fine print legalese terms of their support policy, it is still a very disappointing way to treat a new customer.

Gary

14. carlosrodzbotet

carlosrodzbotet Hunter

Please give more info on what you mean by :

"...roughly equal to the going price of Mac bundles that will inevitably include it ..."

15. GaryDM

GaryDM Bit poster

Mac Bundles

Google Search "Mac Bundles Parallels" There always seems to be some sort of promotion going on.

16. carlosrodzbotet

carlosrodzbotet Hunter

Didn't know that, thanks !!!

17. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Upgrade Request

Hi CLivengood - did you submit a copy via our webform at www.parallels.com/techguarantee2012 ?
    You request will be processed and approved since the purchase date on your credit card is July 25th (or later) per our Tech Guarantee. If you have any issues submitting, please let us know. You will be required to submit a copy of the bill/card statement showing purchase of the actual product with the product name - please remember to blackout all your personal information!

Chris

18. carlosrodzbotet

carlosrodzbotet Hunter

And I'm sure a phone call or email would have gotten the same results without having to get upset.

19. kpeterson

kpeterson Bit poster

I purchased version 7 on August 30th directly from the Parallels web store and still haven't received my Tech Guarantee upgrade to version 8,. The trial version that I loaded (running a MBP with retina display) has since timed out and now I can't use it at all. Good thing I'm not running this for business. Oh wait...I am!!!!

Very disappointing.

20. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Hi Kpetersen

I am sorry that you have not received your key as all keys for upgrades were sent out. Can you please send me an email at social(at)parallels(.)com with the email address you used to purchase and I will re-send the email.

Chris