Running Win7 & WinXP Under Parallels7

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by LUKES, Aug 31, 2012.

1. LUKES

LUKES Junior Member

On my iMac (OSX 10.8.1 Mountain Lion) I am running Parallels 7 with both Win7 and WinXP.
    When I launch Parallels the screen opens with a small "Virtual Machines" window that displays both Win7 and WinXP. I click on the version of Win that I need and that version opens. Great system.

I have installed the exact same systems on my MacBook. However, when I launch Parallels, it opens the version of Windows that I last used and does not display the small "Virtual Machines" window on top.

Therefore if I last used Win7 and this time I want WinXP I have to launch Parallels, wait until Win7 launches, close Win7, then launch WinXP. Not a huge issue, but a nuisance.

I have compared all of the settings on the two Parallels 7 installs and cannot find a difference. Can anyone offer a suggestion ?
    Thanks for your help.

2. strells

strells Product Expert

VM Configuration -> Options tab -> Startup and Shutdown

Set Start Automatically to Never.

Steve

3. LUKES

LUKES Junior Member

When I read your post, I had a "eureka" moment . . . . until I checked and found that it was already set for "Never."

Must be something else.