Key wont work?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by rollerbones, Jun 7, 2007.

1. rollerbones

rollerbones Bit poster

I downloaded the new version and tried my key and it will not work? I thought I was safe for a year from purchase? I tried to do the online form and they said my key was not valid! It is the one that worked in 3188 that they sent me...So I cant even send them a email using the form...I have sent "normal" email 2 weeks ago and NOBODY got back to me...

Any ideas?

2. coldrick

coldrick Bit poster

I purchased 30 May and have the same problem. I've sent a query to support

3. rollerbones

rollerbones Bit poster

I have downloaded the newest version 4124 and my key will not work...I cant even find the old version to get to reload....nobody will reply....This is just sad...

4. Ankou

Ankou Guest

Hello rollerbones
    Please double-check that you're entering the key correctly. There's some mess possible between "O" (ou letter), "0" (zero digit), "I" (ai letter), "1" (one digit).

5. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

the problem appears to be that the OP is using his 2.x key to install 3.0.
    This will not work.

Try looking here: (its a sticky at the top of the forum)

http://forum.parallels.com/thread12331.html

Q: I bought Parallels Desktop during the last Christmas Holidays with the Upgrade Protection. And still I'm receiving and email about pre-order. Isn't I'm supposed to get all upgrades for free?
    A: We have sent pre-order announcements to all of our registered customers. If you have Upgrade Protection or Maintenance purchased you'll receive your Parallels Desktop 3.0 key for free as soon as it goes GA. If you have free upgrades purchased and ordered the product by mistake - feel free to contact us at order-support@parallels.com and our Customer Service will help you.

6. Sonderpa

Sonderpa Member

Your key for version 2.5 (Build 3188) will not work with the version 3.0

On the upgrade page was mentioned that customers who will get a free update will receive a upgrade key within 1 week after the release of version 3.0.

Look at:
    http://www.parallels.com/en/products/desktop/upgrade

So be patient for another couple of days ;)

7. jnimmo

jnimmo Junior Member

I also found that if you request a trial key from inside Parallels, the key does not work; you must request the trial key from the Parallels website.

8. Erich

Erich Member

I had the same problem that jnimmo reports.

9. rollerbones

rollerbones Bit poster

It is entered correctly..
    if my key is not going to work on the new version then I need my 3188 back...I need this to run and cant wait a week to see if I even get a key.....I figured I would get one since I bought this under a year ago now I cant use the new version of download the old one.

10. escaport

escaport Bit poster

I purchased my upgrade for 3.0 for $39 on May 31st. I received my invoice from element 5. I received a welcome to element 5 email.

A week passes. 3.0 is released. I'm giddy. I download. I install. It askes for activation. My old code doesn't work...

Ok, I'll check the invoice email, perhaps the key is in there. Nope. Ok... email Tech support. We can help you in a couple days. I need it sooner.

Apply for a trial key... Got it. Oops... after using copy and paste from the trial key email I get the following message: "The activation key cannot be used with the current version of the Parallels Desktop!" WTF! :mad:

11. Sonderpa

Sonderpa Member

I received 2 emails from Element 5.
    • Order information - Licensecode
    • Order information - Pay information
    (I've translated the titles from Dutch to English, so the real titles can be different.)

In the email with Licenscode there is a line with the text (in English)

YOUR UPGRADE ACTIVATION KEY: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

12. Pleiades

Pleiades Member

It seems to me that if it'll take a week to get the upgrade keys in the mail that a 15-day trial activation key would be the way to go. Install it as a trial and then reactivate it with the permanent key when it arrives. That way you can start using it now. Fortunately for me, I managed to get my permanent activation key, albeit I had to dig around for it, and get 3.0 to run.

13. rollerbones

rollerbones Bit poster

NOBODY has yet to email me from Parallels...I have wrote at least three different email address in the past 3 weeks... NOBODY will reply...if this is the suppost Parallels gives then I will never recommend the software...It should not take SO long to awnser a simple question if I will get a upgrade key or not...what is so difficult about this? As much as I paid for this in november I would think that I would get better support...Now I dont have 3188 version any longer since it is NOT on the site, i have no idea if I get a upgrade or not and no idea where to get the software that I paid $80 for!

(sorry, in a pissed off mood right now...I could not open xp to use money to pay my bills that are now due because of all of this)