PD8: Reinstall of Parallels Tools seems to hang?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JoacimB, Aug 30, 2012.

1. JoacimB

JoacimB Junior Member

Trying to reinstall PT as I had issues with Domino Designer 8.5.3 after upgrading from the latest release PD7 to PD8.

The install works fine, no error messages and I reboot.

But then it just seems to sit there, doing nothing: (See attached file)

Running on ML with a MBP Retina.

Attached Files:

2. JacobZ

JacobZ Junior Member

3. JoacimB

JoacimB Junior Member

Ah, sorry no.

Windows 7 Ultimate.

Windows 8 Pro went fine.

Could it be related to the fact that W7 wasn't shutdown before I upgraded to PD8 maybe?
    It still looks like my attached image in my previous post. No CPU, no network activity..

4. Bullzie

Bullzie Bit poster

Tools install failed

I am having exactly the same issue with Windows 7 Professional and PD8. I have attached a screenshot. I am able to Reset the VM and it will boot the second time but it never re-attempts to run whatever it is trying to run from cmd. Things *seem* ok afterwards except for when I try to re-run the system assessment, it hangs at the Examining Hardware stage. Tried uninstalling the tools and then rebooting and re-installing but the same thing happens.

Suggestions?

Attached Files:

5. JoacimB

JoacimB Junior Member

I never did manage solve this, decided to move to Win8 Pro instead and there everything worked fine.

/J

6. Bullzie

Bullzie Bit poster

Not a huge fan of Windows 8. I have it working properly, and yes the tools do install fine there, but I really would like to Windows 7 to work properly without having to re-install it.

Parallels people...solution?