Parallels Mobile - Unable to display host screen when using a display input switch

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Thony SJ, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Thony SJ

Thony SJ Bit poster

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for the Parallels Mobile issue that I am having. I'm using Parallels Desktop 7 for my Mac Mini 2011, hooked into Samsung PX2370 monitor. In between the two, I have this HDMI Switch, where it will allow me to switch inputs between xbox 360 and mac mini (1 display output, 2 inputs - mac mini and xbox 360). Sometimes I just let my Mac Mini running without display so that my siblings can still play Xbox 360. If I want to check my running programs on VMs, I will just open up my Parallels Mobile on iPad so that I would not interrupt my siblings playing with the console.

I noticed that, each time my xbox 360 is turned on, my host (Mac) is unable to display anything, black screen. But my VMs (which are Windows 7 and Win Server 2008), are displaying fine. If I turned off the xbox, the host will display properly again.

Is this a normal behavior of Parallels mobile?

2. giraffezw

giraffezw Bit poster

I have a similar problem. I found the following. TeamViewer had possibly the same problem.
    Teamviewer has fixed that annoying problem...

please help!