Parallels 8 - App Expose/Application Windows

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by BennettD, Sep 4, 2012.

1. BennettD

BennettD Member

The App Expose gesture/Application Windows hot spot is no longer functioning like it used to.

As I recall, previous version (6 & 7) used to show all of the non-minimized windows of the VM as the large tiles (making that term up) and the minimized windows as icons (also made up) under the line (I need better terminology here, sigh)...

In Parallels 8, the behavior now seems to be recent VMs below the line and no windows above...

I'm running a Windows 7 guest OS on Mac OSX 10.8.1 in coherence mode w/o Crystal Mode.

Are there any settings I can change to restore the previous functionality?

2. BennettD

BennettD Member

I just noticed that if a preference pane is open, App Expose/Application Windows shows it above the line, with the recent VMs still below the line.

3. RcMatt

RcMatt Bit poster

I have the exact same problem, the update to Parallels 8 broke expose.

Additionally OS X doesn't change to the space where a windows app is running when clicking on the dock icon of the app.

I'm using mountain lion, both worked with Parallels 7. Please fix this, Expose is really important for me!

4. Zeus777

Zeus777 Bit poster

if i upgrade to Parallels 8 do i need to use my Windows CD to install the OS? or it should still be on my old Parallel folder?

5. RcMatt

RcMatt Bit poster

Enabling Crystal Mode for the VM solved the above issues with Expose and Spaces.

6. BennettD

BennettD Member

Unfortunately Crystal Mode requires more host/guest integration than I'd like.

7. BennettD

BennettD Member

It looks like gestures aren't working in the guest OS unless the guest OS in in full screen mode. :-(