Beta 6 - keyboard strangeness after wake up

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by bceverly, May 1, 2006.

1. bceverly

bceverly Member

Hi,

I'm running Beta 6 on my MacBook Pro and I'm noticing that after my machine "wakes up" I'm seeing odd behavior where letters that I type are brining up other windows instead of showing up on the screen. For example, I was trying to do "Net view" from a command prompt and the N key worked just fine but the other keys were bringing up windows of Windows explorer.

Anyone else able to confirm this behavior? The only thing I can find is to reboot to cure it.

Thanks,
    Bryan

2. CPFarhood

CPFarhood Junior Member

I'm getting the same behavior with beta 6 on a 20" iMac, i have to restart the VM to resolve it.

3. vamp07

vamp07 Member

I'm seeing this behavior after going into full screen. I'm not sure how to reproduce it but I am getting it allot. Only a reboot seems to recover.

4. CPFarhood

CPFarhood Junior Member

I have the problem in both fullscreen and windowed modes.

Also... I noticed the problem strangely close to when i ran the "Keyboard Update" from Apple if that's any help.

Last edited: May 1, 2006
  5. bceverly

bceverly Member

Not related to keyboard update on my system

I was getting this behavior with beta 5 actually and it was before I applied the keyboard update. it seems to be tied to going into and out of full screen mode. In beta 5, if I switched modes, it cleared up. With beta 6 it only can be cured by a reboot.

6. CDN

CDN Junior Member

I've had this problem after using Cmd-H to hide Parallels. Now I'm carefult not to use CMD-H, but to double-click the title bar instead to hide... Does anyone know more about this, and is there a way to disable Cmd-H for one app, so I wont hit it accidently? (Or could they fix the bug?)

7. smaug

smaug Bit poster

I've noticed it as a "stuck" Windows Key, i.e., it opens the run dialouge when I type an "r" and so on. I've managed to fix it by hitting the Command key without any other key and that seems to "unstick" it. Basically, I think Parallels has a tendency to "stick" the modifier keys.