"Use Mac OS X Full Screen" not working as expected

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Giom__, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Giom__

Giom__ Bit poster

Hi

I'm running Parallels for mac 8.0.18101 under Mountain Lion 10.8.1 and activating "Use Mac OS X Full Screen" does not make the VM window behaving like it should. As any other apps, when switching to full-screen mode, it should open in a separate dedicated space AND I should see an "exit full screen" button next to the "notifications center" button on the task bar.

Am I missing something here or is it a bug ?
    "Use Mac OS X Full Screen" does work as expected with Parallels for mac 7. Why would that change with PD8 ?

Thank you for your help

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  2. YuriyM

YuriyM Member

Hi,

Do you have an external display connected to your mac? If so, try to set "Use Multiple Displays in Full Screen" from the View menu.

3. Giom__

Giom__ Bit poster

Thanks a lot ! It did the trick :)

yes, I do use an Apple Thunderbolt Display.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  4. MichelDup

MichelDup Bit poster

Full Screen

Sorry,

I too am using an external display, and in the view menu there is no such option. I am using a thunderbolt display as well. Could you clarify, or am I missing something.

Thanks,

5. Giom__

Giom__ Bit poster

Hi MichelDup

The option you're looking for is accessible from the configuration window of the virtual machine.
    Virtual Machine -> Configure -> Options -> Full Screen -> Check "Use all displays in full screen" (see attachment).

You need to activate the option on each virtual machine you may have !

cheers,

Attached Files: