Anyone Get their Free Upgrade from 7 to 8 yet?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by mikej165, Sep 6, 2012.

1. mikej165

mikej165 Bit poster

I purchased Parallels 7 for Mac on July 31st. According to this page, keys are supposed to be mailed out sometime after the product is launched. Well, it's been launched and I don't yet have my key. Has anyone received theirs?

2. SherwoodG

SherwoodG Bit poster

I've seen a couple posts from people that have but I have seen nothing yet.

3. m.luecke

m.luecke Bit poster

Same for me. I purchased PD7 (Crossgrade) on September 2nd and don't yet have the key for PD8.

4. andy594

andy594 Bit poster

I've not heard anything yet about mine either

5. lcro82

lcro82 Bit poster

Nope i'm still waiting on mine, but it does say to give them 5 business days so........

6. m.luecke

m.luecke Bit poster

Got my upgrade key today...

7. andy594

andy594 Bit poster

Yeah I just got mine now

8. MarkMorg

MarkMorg Bit poster

I have the same issue. The help section on the website just says you should have gotten an email, but I received none.

9. lcro82

lcro82 Bit poster

I received my email late last night. Haven't downloaded it yet (busy morning). Hopefully those who haven't yet receive theirs Monday.

10. Braeside

Braeside Bit poster

Still waiting

I applied for the free update to my newly purchased version 7 (From an authorised dealer) on 7th September 2012. Now 5 days later, as I had heard nothing further, not even an email to say it is being attended to.

I contacted support and was told I have to wait for 8 to 10 WORKING days for an email. I asked if they could confirm that they have received my application, but they had no way of finding that.

All I can do is wait and then if I hear nothing by 21 Sep, I should contact them again.

My version 8 trial will have expired in 9 days time.

Why is it so slow? - Every time I have attempted to upgrade Parallels whether free or paid there has been an admin problem and I have had to contact executives in the company to expedite things. I thought this time I might get lucky and get a break!

11. Braeside

Braeside Bit poster

Still waiting

I applied for the free update to my newly purchased version 7 (From an authorised dealer) on 7th September 2012. Now 5 days later, as I had heard nothing further, not even an email to say it is being attended to.

I contacted support and was told I have to wait for 8 to 10 WORKING days for an email. I asked if they could confirm that they have received my application, but they had no way of finding that.

All I can do is wait and then if I hear nothing by 21 Sep, I should contact them again.

My version 8 trial will have expired in 9 days time.

Why is it so slow? - Every time I have attempted to upgrade Parallels whether free or paid there has been an admin problem and I have had to contact executives in the company to expedite things. I thought this time I might get lucky and get a break!

12. Braeside

Braeside Bit poster

Just to add that customer service came up trumps and I received the activation key today, well done!

13. BPearce

BPearce Bit poster

Have not received mine either, purchased DIRECTLY from parallels site...