Parallels Desktop 3.0 == BS

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Sir Mick, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Sir Mick

Sir Mick Bit poster

Hi all,

I cannot believe Parallels is releasing a payable upgrade that has less compeling features to update than 2.5 did.

Parallels is wasting way to much time on kiddo features like coherence or even 3d support instead of real productivity features like running 64bit guests. That's the deal breaker for me, I'm off to VMWare, the industry standard...

Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name
    Sir Mick

2. mcowger

mcowger Member

Kiddo feaures like coherence? Thats the feature that made Parallels work for me. That, along with Smart Select is a real productivity feature, and I use nothign but office and other productivity apps.

Realize that for some, like yourself, things like 64 bit are important. For many others, they are as worthless as you find coherence and 3D.

Enjoy VMWare - a company whose arrogance is matched by the lack of innovation in their product over the last few years (this coming from someone who has implemented every level of VMWare's product line).

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  3. radesix

radesix Member

Actually, coherence is pretty darn slick if you ask me. As far as 3D support goes... I'm not a big gamer but I expect the functionality to be there. I'd like to at least be able to play the Microsoft delivered games on the airplane. These are hardly "kiddo" features and they represent a significant technical accomplishment.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007