Dual Screens flickering - Mountain Lion - Windows 7 - Parallels 7

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by insaddingaround, Jul 12, 2012.

1. FritsK

FritsK Bit poster

Also updated to 7.0.15107. The flickering is still the same.
    Why would i upgrade (paid) to PD8? What's the guarantee it will be fixed the next time this happens...

2. bluemroadster

bluemroadster Bit poster

"Also updated to 7.0.15107. The flickering is still the same.
    Why would i upgrade (paid) to PD8? What's the guarantee it will be fixed the next time this happens..."

Agreed.

3. jeffro01

jeffro01 Member

No more updates on this? The last PD7 update did not fix this issue for me either. Give me one good reason why I should pay to upgrade to PD8 over VMWare Fusion 5?

If I have to pay to fix this issue, why stick with parallels?

Jeff

4. MattLaw

MattLaw Bit poster

I have been in contact with Worldwide Support with this issue, and the response I received was to either refer to the KB workaround (http://kb.parallels.com/en/114452) or to upgrade to 8 to fix the issue.

Other than this, the response is that the issue is known and being worked on but there is nothing else they can tell us.

Very poor customer services in my opinion.

5. jeffro01

jeffro01 Member

Wow... just wow... So they want us to pay to upgrade to the latest version to fix something thats not even supposed to be broken in the first place. Well that seals the deal for me, I'm moving the VMWare Fusion 5. It's unfortunate since I've been a Parallels customer from the beginning. Such is life I suppose. Thanks for the update.

Jeff

6. ErikOlo

ErikOlo Bit poster

I still have a version of this problem with Parallels 8 and 10.8.2. Secondary monitors display frames out of order so when you move a window it jumps back and forth in the directory of the movement.

It might be because my secondary monitors are rotated.

7. costabas

costabas Member

I don't have such a problem but I have version 10.8.1. I was afraid of installing 10.8.2 due to its many issues. 10.8.2 seems to have been to be one of the worst apple releases along with Mountain Lion (ML for the reason this thread exists).

8. YanaYana

YanaYana

Erik,

Can you please make on screen video of this issue and post a link here?

And problem report would be extremely helpful too - please send it from Help --> Report a Problem --> Copy the report id and post it here please.

All this information will speed up the resolution and will help us a lot

9. TomTFS

TomTFS Bit poster

Hi,

I am still having this issue with Parallels 7, and have been since Mountain Lion. I was on 10.8.1 and was still getting it, so tried updating to 10.8.2 this morning to see if it fixed it and no luck.

The secondary display that is not being used is the one that flickers. So for example, if I'm using and clicking inside of display 1, whatever is on display 2 starts flickering, and vice versa.

I've submitted a problem report, 18897888

The problem has been occurring since Mountain Lion was released (I only upgraded to ML because the Parallels team said it was compatible). It's been months, and already a few people in my office who were planning to buy parallels have been put off by seeing my screen flickering constantly when I'm trying to work. Is there ever going to be a fix?

Cheers,
    Tom

10. YanaYana

YanaYana

Thanks a lot, i will forward this report to our development team asap

11. YanaYana

YanaYana

Is it possible to capture this behaviour on video? this would be very helpful!

12. tburrellsaward

tburrellsaward Bit poster

So this still hasn't be fixed, four months after being first reported? I'm not sure how you can justify this, seeing as you've previously claimed that 7 is compatible with Mountain Lion? As it stands, the product is entirely broken for those of us using dual screens, and I'm sure as hell not going to pay for an upgrade to something that shouldn't be broken in the first place.

My situation is exactly the same as the others in this thread. Your mess is directly impacting my work and I'm sick to death of revisiting this thread to see that no progress has been made. Please respond asap as to what steps are being taken to remedy this.

13. YanaYana

YanaYana

If you guys can help us providing information required - all the investigation process would have been much faster. Still would be happy to get any of the required information

14. tburrellsaward

Nice attempt at bouncing back the responsibility to your users.

I think you've had more than enough info in this thread alone to replicate the issue. For the record, I've submitted a bug report but haven't received a reply yet. I don't have the reference I'm afraid, as I mistakenly figured you'd email me confirmation that you'd received it, but I'll submit another when I get to my studio and post the ref here.

Once again, would you mind explaining exactly why it's taking so long to fix this problem, and when we can expect a fix to be released?

15. YanaYana

YanaYana

Thank you. this is a challenging issue and requires additional environmental reproduction. user reports are ideal for investigation, however we won't be able to locate the report in system without ID as all personal information is not being shown there.

16. tburrellsaward

Thank you for the reply. I am going to be unable to submit another report until next week. I maintain that you should already have sufficient info to replicate the problem.

As I've already asked twice already, please explain why this is taking so long, what progress has been made so far, and when we can expect a fix. Please stop ignoring this part of my posts.

17. YanaYana

YanaYana

The issue occurs in PD7 - which is not a priority now. All works are being dedicated to PD8 - the latest software version.

18. tburrellsaward

So the choice is to keep with a broken V7, or pay to upgrade to V8. Great job of keeping your existing customer base happy.

I've been a Parallels user for quite a while now. Your software worked well and patches were frequent. This, however, isn't acceptable. If you've decided that you're going to devote resources to a new release over an old, you should at least make sure that your existing customers with issues are looked after. At the very least you should let them know that their issue isn't going to be fixed any time soon, so they can stop visiting your damn forum every day in hope of a solution. Lying that you're working towards a fix is unnecessary and just makes me feel that you don't value my custom.

Please, convince me to pay you more money for the privilege of being able to use software that I've already paid for once. I'm all ears.

19. FarishK

FarishK Bit poster

This really irks me. I bought parallels 7 in May. First time buyer and now a last time buyer. The reason why I bought parallels was for how well it worked with dual monitors.

Since ML has come out, the way I used Parallels has been broken. Now over 4 months later, our issues are going to be ignore?

Why should anybody buy a product like this again. I have had many opportunities to buy Parallels 7 at a discount so I could get the Parallels 8 upgrade included since it is cheaper than a lesser cost than going directly. I refuse to because I felt I am being punished for buying a product less than 6 months ago. There is really no reason to go back to this company again. This is how you lose a first time customer who loved your product and would have in his mind was spend the money every other upgrade cycle. Instead what this company did show was poor and greedy decision making and lack of support.

Now Parallels competition gains a chance with me to earn my trust plus gain my dollars. That is where the biggest mistake lies in these kind of company decisions.

20. MatiasL

MatiasL Bit poster

Can you confirm that this issue is fixed in PD8? I'm seeing it in PD7 now as I just upgraded to Mountain Lion. Will try to submit a video.