Parallels Tech Guarantee for purchases & upgrades following Mountain Lion release

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Chris@Parallels, Jul 31, 2012.

1. kpeterson

kpeterson Bit poster

Got it. Thanks!

2. CLivengood

CLivengood Bit poster

I submitted my form today. My MacBook went insane for the last two weeks and I was unable to log onto the forum. I double checked my emails and I could not find the update key.

3. Viremia

Viremia Bit poster

I purchased Parallels v7 on August 6, 2012. Still no free upgrade to version 8 (and I have thoroughly searched my spam folder). I tried to use the form to request an activation key, but since I purchased it from your online store, and therefore don't have a printed receipt from you to scan and upload, I can't complete it. Regardless, you have the details of my transaction already. The form says you would have sent the key for v8. You did not.

How the heck do I get my free upgrade?

4. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Upgrade Key

Hi Viremia -

I pulled your information based on email and old key and the upgrade key was sent on 8-31-12 to the email you have registered here for our forums. I just resent the key again so please reach out directly to social(at)parallels(.)com if you did not receive the latest email.

Chris

5. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Upgrade Key

Hi CLivengood - have you received your key? I resent the key again today

Chris

6. Jugdys

Jugdys Bit poster

I purchased parallels 7 om Aug. 24, 2012 from the online store and have not received my upgrade key. Can you help me as well?

7. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Hi Jugdys - please send us over an email to social(at)parallels(.)com with the email you used to purchase and we can communicate via email directly.

Chris

8. Jugdys

Jugdys Bit poster

Email sent and thanks

9. WayFit

WayFit Bit poster

I purchased Parallels 7 on 21/8/2012, and still haven't received the key to upgrade to 8.

10. WayFit

WayFit Bit poster

Just spotted the emal address to send it to. Email sent.

11. WayFit

WayFit Bit poster

Email sent to me within an hour. Great service, thanks Chris.

12. Albesse

Albesse Bit poster

Hi, i'm currently using pd7 version 7.0.15107 and it works quite fine with mountain lion. Not perfectly as with lion but quite fine. I'd like to upgrade it to pd8 but i'm afraid of loosing all the configuration of my database management program.
    Is there any risk to loose something or you think i can upgrade without having butterfly in my stomach?
    Tnks for your support

13. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Hi Albesse,

We make the upgrade a simple process for our customers. We always recommend that you back up your current VM, including setting prior to any changes/upgrade. Please see KB http://kb.parallels.com/en/8829

Our Technical Support Team is always available to our customers for assistance if you do run into any issues. If you upgrade to Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac, once you register your new key, you have 30 days unlimited phone and chat support, plus email support after the 30 days.

Please let me now if you need any more information or assistance with your upgrade purchase. Also, Parallels does come with the 30 day refund policy.

Chris

14. carlosrodzbotet

carlosrodzbotet Hunter

You can also do what I do. Get CCC ( Carbon Copy Cloner ) and backup your entire hard drive. I do it every week and ALWAYS before ALL software updates. This way if anything goes wrong during the update or you simply decide you don't like it just copy everything back from your backup drive to your main hard drive and it's like if nothing ever happened. This way you don't have to worry about any settings or anything because you'll have a mirror image of your hard drive on your back up drive. I can't tell you how many times it has gotten me out of trouble because your backup drive will actually boot up any other Mac and you'll have everything just like on your normal computer.

I am not affiliated in any way with CCC but it's so good I actually paid for it. You can get the old version for free but I don't think they guarantee it with Mountain Lion. CCC is one of those rare programs I actually was glad to pay for.

15. Albesse

Albesse Bit poster

I do know ccc, also if i don't have it, but don't you think that a copy of the virtual machine and a time machine backup are enough? I think yes but .........

16. carlosrodzbotet

carlosrodzbotet Hunter

I've used Time Machine to try to return to a previous state but it doesn't really work like in Windows when you do a System Restore. That's why I use CCC because it's a perfect mirror image of what you have. It hasn't failed me and like I said previously I've made some whoppers of mistakes and CCC has gotten me out of them.