ATTN Parallels Employees - Full Screen ANNOYANCE

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by joe81tx, Jul 28, 2012.

?

Should Parallels add a delay before the menu bar drops down in full screen mode?

1. YES!!!! - PLEASE add a delay, this is a major problem.

83.3%
  2. No - I use fullscreen mode and do not see a need for a delay.

16.7%
  1. joe81tx

joe81tx Bit poster

Anyone who uses Windows in full screen mode in Lion or Mountain Lion knows that if they try to close a maximized program they will accidentally click the top of the screen which brings down the Mac menu bar. Then when you click you select the two diagonal arrows for lion full screen which drops you into a windowed VM. This happens all day long and it's so obnoxious. I know I could turn on the old school hot corners, but if I do that then I cannot easily swipe between Windows and OS X with 3 or 4 finger gestures. I like Parallels better but at least VMware Fusion has implemented a delay. It doesn't have to be long, 5-10 seconds of the mouse at the top of the screen before the menu bar drops down would solve this major problem. This is not a difficult issue to fix.

2. AGrace

AGrace Junior Member

I signed up specifically to vote yes for this. It's so very annoying. I hope it's fixed.

3. YuriyM

YuriyM Member

Actually, there's a 1.5 sec delay before the menu bar appears. We will think about making it longer.
    Thanks for the feedback.

4. AGrace

AGrace Junior Member

Well I can confirm my setup is not 1.5 seconds. It's .5 second before it drops down (practically instant). Is there a way to set it to 1.5 seconds? That would be a start to a solution.

See the video here:

http://youtu.be/r1Ffgo6WVUU

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  5. YuriyM

YuriyM Member

1) which Parallels Desktop build version (can be seen in About) do you use?
    2) do you have any hot corners enabled in System Preferences -> Mission Control?
    3) please verify that SmartMouse option (Configure -> Options -> Advanced) is AUTO

6. AGrace

AGrace Junior Member

1) Build 7.0.15107 (Revision 796624; September 3, 2012)
    2) no hot corners setup
    3) SmartMouse is set to AUTO.

7. YuriyM

YuriyM Member

Unfortunately, this delay was implemented in PD8.
    However, in PD7 you can use "Show Menu" hot corner simulteneously with the four finger swipe, just make sure that Use Mac OS X Full Screen option (Configure -> Options -> Full Screen) is ON.

8. chgsantos

chgsantos Bit poster