BSOD Setting Up New VM

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by sjsherratt, Sep 10, 2012.

1. sjsherratt

sjsherratt Junior Member

I am trying to set up a new Win7 x64 bit VM using an ISO under Parallels 8.0.18101. I am getting a consistent BAD_POOL_CALLER Blue Screen when trying to create my VM. I thought Parallels supported 64-bit Windows 7.

Technical Information:
    *** STOP: 0x0...0C2 (0x0...07, 0x0 ...1097, 0x00, 0x80C80880)

2. JoeRadzanowski

JoeRadzanowski Bit poster

Also having same problem

I am also having this same problem with network booting to an image server in one of our office locations. This happens with same version as above, 8.0.18101. It does not matter what Mac we install Parallels 8 and try to boot a VM on. It has this problem. Parallels 7 works fine when booting to the same server at this location. In our 2 other offices where there are identical imaging servers, Parallels 8 can boot to it and install Windows 7 with absolutely no trouble whatsoever.

For the problematic server, we have tried both a pre-made blank image (that I created), as well as starting from scratch. One of two things will happen consistently. The first is that we will get a Windows startup screen that never advances to the PXE environment. We have let it sit there for 40+ minutes to no avail. The second is the BSOD, with the same information provided by sjsherratt.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have screenshots of each but for some reason am unable to attach them. I can email if needed.

3. sjsherratt

sjsherratt Junior Member

Re: 'BSOD Setting Up New VM'

Joe - my problem was solved. I opened a ticket with Parallels support and they did a good job finding a solution. This may have been specific to my company's IT image ... but will post it for you to try. Not sure if it will solve your issue though because it sounds different. I wasn't trying to boot to an image server ....

1. File -> New -> Install from DVD or image file.
    2. Located your ISO file with Windows (my company) edition -> Choose the type of Virtual Machine in the pop-up message - Windows 7.
    3. Unchecked box "This version requires a product key" and Checked 64 bit version
    4. On the next screen - Like a PC -> check the Customize box (it is necessary for configuring before installation)
    5. In the configure window -> Hardware -> Hard Disk 1
    6. Change the location from SATA to IDE 1:1.
    7. Close the window and proceed with the installation wizard.

As a summary comment: Without a memory dump investigation we can not say for sure what was the root, but as a theory I assume that it was a conflicting customized driver which did not permit to use the SATA location for our virtual hard drive -> so we tried IDE and it worked.

4. JoeRadzanowski

JoeRadzanowski Bit poster

It's working

sjsherratt,

Thank you for posting the information. It did help me get everything working. All I neededto do was change the hard drive setting from SATA 0:1 to IDE 1:1. I appreciate the help.