I paid for the upgrade - Where's my Download Link?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by simibilly@mac.com, Jun 8, 2007.

1. simibilly@mac.com

simibilly@mac.com Member

What is going on? I paid, but have not received my link to download V3.0.

2. AlanH

AlanH Pro

Top of every page here. It's called 'Download'

3. simibilly@mac.com

simibilly@mac.com Member

Well that asks for me to buy, I already bought.

4. mackworth

mackworth Junior Member

5. syML

syML Bit poster

Yes but as a part of the pre-order weren't they going to be sening us a dedicated download link (something that also referenced in the FAQ on pre-orders)?

6. AlanH

AlanH Pro

Perhaps they will ... eventually .. though I doubt if it will be a "dedicated link", as in specially created just for you. It'll just be the same software you can get by downloading here and now. So why wait?

7. syML

syML Bit poster

Not trying to argue but...

"Q: I have received an email about Parallels Desktop 3.0 pre-order and purchased it. An email that came to me states that I should receive download link in an hour. Why didn't I receive the link?
    A: The email you've received after the purchase is a generic Element 5 (our e-commerce provider) response. It doesn't take into the consideration that it is pre-order. Rest assured, you will receive the download link as soon as Parallels Desktop 3.0 goes GA."

Why put this up on the FAQ? Like I said, I'm not trying to argue with you but the upgrade process was quite a process and I think along with the price break that it would have been good policy to send out what you promised to people who paid you ahead of time. I know also that this isn't going to cause me any pain or screw with my life but the software is GA, this is what they said they were going to do so why shouldn't I expect them expect to do what they said they were going to do? I've read a lot of posts on this topis and heard everything from what you are saying to another someone saying the stuff was going to be going out "over a couple of days" and again wonder why...

8. AlanH

AlanH Pro

Hey! I'm not employed by Parallels, and I'm not defending their methods of doing business. I'm just trying to help you to get your new software ASAP. I simply pointed out that there's no benefit in waiting for their email.

9. syML

syML Bit poster

Hey! I didn't say you were and didn't think you were defending anyone! The question was reasonable, the forum is for topics like this, and don't see why you're taking my comments personally. I want what they told me they were going to give me, will wait until they do, life goes on.
    Peace!

10. AlanH

AlanH Pro

:shrug: I guess we all use the language differently.

You responded to my post, and used "you" when you said, "... it would have been good policy to send out what you promised", and "I've read a lot of posts on this topis and heard everything from what you are saying to another someone ...". Why wouldn't I take it personally? No one from Parallels has posted in this thread, so you were presumably not addressing anyone else.

I understand why you are complaining that you don't have your email, but if you want the software you've paid for, I don't see how holding off from downloading it here can hurt anyone but you.

Peace.

11. syML

syML Bit poster

Totally understand and see your point and come to think of it, would probably have responded the same way (guess I got into a little bit of a language fog there). Anyhow thanks for responding and your good intentions and peace to you...

12. demenas

demenas Junior Member

I got the software OK, but I never received an activation key. (using trial right now).

I pre-ordered around the 2nd day of the offer.

Steve:confused:

13. colourpixels

colourpixels Bit poster

yeah I pre-paid for the upgrade before its release and still haven't been sent any kind of notification that its now available for download. I would have thought they'd at least email the people who purchased before release day to tell them it's now available. Not a biggy, as I saw it on digg.com, but still not the best customer relations in the world.

14. fribhey

fribhey Bit poster

since you are going to give such a smart ass remark then maybe you can also give all of us who have pre-ordered it our activation keys since there are tons of us who still haven't received them......

15. AlanH

AlanH Pro

Eh? What smart-ass remark? The man wanted a download link for his software, and I pointed him to it. Sorry that doesn't help you because you have a different problem, but it was intended to help him.