Problem with Outlook 2010 Calendar reminders

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by RobMarshall, Mar 12, 2012.

1. RobMarshall

RobMarshall Bit poster

Hi,

I have an odd problem. I have reminders set up on my events in Outlook 2010. But 95%+ of the time the reminders, which should come 15 minutes before the event, will come hours, or even days, after the event has transpired. On rare occasion the reminder comes when it's supposed to.

I work-around the problem by using iCal, but I was wondering if anyone else had seen something like this and if there's a way to fix it.

I'm running Windows 7 on Parallels 7.

Thanks,

Rob

2. DougMan

DougMan Bit poster

Outlook reminder problems

I'm having the same problem - Parallels 7 running Windows 7 and Office 2010, and calendar reminders in Outlook don't work correctly 95% of the time. Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. kdubinwa

kdubinwa Bit poster

Same problem continues under Parallels 8. Ugh.

4. William Fulmer

William Fulmer Junior Member

Same problem here w/ Office 2010 reminders on Parallels 8

5. David45

David45 Bit poster

Same Issue here outlook 2010 with Parallels 8.

Guest OS = Windows 7 64bit

Mac OS= 10.8.2

I am also not getting any notifications for Lync messages (microsoft chat software for our corporation).

Any ideas or support would be appreciated!

6. William Fulmer

Same issue

Outlook 2010 SP1 Notifications
    Lync 2010 IM Notifications (v. 4.0.7577.4356; Cumulative Update October 2012)

7. William Fulmer

Any information from Parallels or any other testing performed with Fusion, etc?

8. NateA

NateA Bit poster

I still have this issue, years later. Historically, I haven't had a lot of meetings, so it hasn't been that much of an issue. More recently it has been an issue for me and I'm looking to solve the problem. Has anyone ever found a fix for this issue?
    For me, I experience the same symptoms as the first post above - i see no reminders for quite a long time, then after a few days with Windows running (except when the lid of my MacBook Pro closes), maybe I'll see a popup that shows I'm overdue for a few meetings, by days.
    I've upgraded both OSx, Parallels, Windows 10, and Office over the years (starting in Aug 2013) but the problem persists.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!