Parallels 3 With Free Upgrade Protection??

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by notreadbyhumans, Jun 8, 2007.

1. notreadbyhumans

notreadbyhumans Bit poster

Has anyone who purchased the free 'Upgrade Protection' received their key yet?

The indication was that these would be emailed out upon release, which has since passed, although there does seem to be some confusion about who is actually eligible for a free upgrade.

2. jnimmo

jnimmo Junior Member

3. akp

akp Member

Perhaps the Upgrade Protection includes a delay after initial release to 'protect' you from the buggy upgrade release? :)

4. notreadbyhumans

Oh how thoughtful of them!

5. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

6. David5000

David5000 Pro

This is almost exactly what I have been thinking. I am actually grateful that I haven't been sent my key yet (although I know of course that I could use a trial key). If I had been sent a key right away I probably would have used it immediately--and by now would have already restored 3188.

David

7. Liong612

Liong612 Junior Member

Upgrade protection

I actually e-mailed them yesterday about this and they basically told me that the key had not been sent due to their server problem. However, they assure me that it will be sent out within few days.

So, my advice.. just be patient :)

8. notreadbyhumans

Good advice as always. I think that it would been useful to have been contacted prior to the release to let those with upgrade protection know what the plan was. I'm sure it will all get sorted in the end.