New BootCamp 1.3 drivers

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by ML2008, Jun 8, 2007.

1. ML2008

ML2008 Bit poster

How to install new BootCamp 1.3 drivers

Hi, how to install the new BootCamp 1.3 drivers on Parallels Desktop Mac 3.0?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  2. Chak

Chak Junior Member

Hoop the new driver will solve the current problems I have.
    - mounting Bootcamp to Parallels

I will do the fallowing steps
    Delete Windows
    Uninstall Bootcamp 1.2
    Install Bootcamp 1.3
    Install Windows XP
    Backup Bootcamp image
    mount to Parallels

3. ML2008

ML2008 Bit poster

But I am only running Parallels 3.0 without Bootcamp!

4. dippyskoodlez

dippyskoodlez Bit poster

Then theres no reason.

Boot camp drivers are for just that.

Boot camp.

Parallels is NOT boot camp.

5. oopl

oopl Bit poster

Are you still having problems loading your boot camp partition in parallels?
    I'm stuck there at the moment.

6. Milamber_Cubed

Milamber_Cubed Junior Member

if you just want the latest drivers from the latest release of Boot Camp, you can do the following:
    * Download Boot Camp from Apple's website
    * Install as normal.
    * Locate the Boot Camp Assistant icon in utilities, right click (or ctrl-click for single button mice) on it and select "show package contents".
    * In the finder window that opens, double click on contents, then double click on resources.
    * Right or ctrl-click on the diskimage.img file and select "open with -> disk utility".
    * Insert a blank cd, and burn the diskimage.dmg file to create the updated windows driver cd.

What kind of problems are you guys having with boot camp/parallels?

7. The Limey

The Limey Bit poster

The reason I want them is that they have updated international keyboard layouts. The ones in parallels do-not work correctly for UK macbooks.

8. non-troppo

non-troppo Member

International keyboards for UK users are still broken BTW Bootcamp 1.3b. I use:

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/msklc.mspx

to custom edit Apples mappings to add # key support. It is pretty ridiculous that Apple is still incapable of fixing this...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  9. snodman

snodman Member

Device drivers are going to be different in Boot Camp and Parallels because the devices themselves are accessed differently in a virtual machine/shared OS environment vs. exclusively in Windows. That is why there is a custom boot into Windows for Safari and a different custom boot for Boot Camp. Installing the latest version of Boot Camp must be done by burning a CD from the Boot Camp Assistant program in your Utilities folder (after you download and install the latest 1.3 beta from Apple). You then boot into Boot Camp directly (by restarting your Mac and holding down the option key) and install the new drivers from the CD after you get to the Windows desktop. But remember, those drivers only get accessed while you are booting directly into Boot Camp. Parallels uses its own drivers for your hardware to interact with Windows as a virtual machine.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  10. The Limey

The Limey Bit poster

But keyboard mappings aren't drivers...

I've fixed mine by finding a premade mapping on a blog somewhere.

11. pbutterworth

pbutterworth Member