Image Tool shows insane hard disk size

Discussion in 'Parallels Image Tool' started by basstoelpel77, Sep 4, 2008.

1. basstoelpel77

basstoelpel77 Bit poster

After successfully migrating my Boot Camp partition to a .hdd file via Transporter I want to increase the disk size. So I started Image Tool and it shows that the disk has 230GB, which is the size of my real hard drive.

What to do now?

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

3. basstoelpel77

basstoelpel77 Bit poster

gparted did a good job on that! Thanks for your reply anyways!

4. hkalilinks

hkalilinks Bit poster

Manufacturing

Manufacturing & Processing Machinery Product From China Manufacturing & Processing Machinery manufacturers, suppliers and exporters. All Manufacturing & Processing Machinery made in China & Global. Full products catalogs and descriptions. Right here to source products with Chinese brand names. Searching for OEM, ODM & contract manufacturing services.

5. capitals

capitals Banned

A disk image is a single file or storage device containing the complete contents and structure representing a data storage medium or device, such as a hard drive, tape drives, floppy disk, CD/DVD/BD and key drive, although an image of an optical disc may be referred to as an optical disc image. A disk image is usually created by creating a complete sector-by-sector copy of the source medium and thereby perfectly replicating the structure and contents of a storage device.

Some disk imaging utilities omit unused file space from source media, or compress the disk they represent to reduce storage requirements, though these are typically referred to as archive files, as they are not literally disk images.

6. skype-Acuity.satya

skype-Acuity.satya Banned

if there is no data you can restore then through partition magic you can create new partition .

7. caclon

caclon Bit poster

gparted did a good job on that

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012