I was already using MacFuse 0.4, and mount C disk was not working.

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Stefdar, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Stefdar

Stefdar Junior Member

To the Parallels guys,
    I was using Google MacFuse 0.4 and NTFS-3G at the time of Parallels 3.0 release,
    and so the mounting of VM "C" disk was not working for me.

By looking at the console I have noticed that another fuse instance was trying to load, giving a "version mismatch", so I had to completely uninstall NTFS-3G and MAcFuse 0.4 and reinstall Parallels in order for Parallels to work.

So since Parallels 3.0 is using Google's MacFuse to do it's thing, is there any way for Parallels old Macfuse version to be replaced by the new one and work? And by the way it would be nice to warn Google MacFuse and NTFS-3G users that they will not be able to use Parallels VM image loading on the desktop.

Regards,
    Stefanos

2. Stefdar

Stefdar Junior Member

Oh and I really liked and used NTFS-3G too, but with Parallels 3.0 present is not functional. Any ideas?

3. alexg

alexg Parallels Developers

Hi,

I'm sorry for giving you troubles. We will fix the issue in the next 3.x update. Please wait awhile.

Alex

4. Stefdar

Stefdar Junior Member

Since I have lost all NTFS-3G functionality I could really use an answer here.

5. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

looks fairly eveident that its not something you can work around.. so short of reverting to 2.5 of PD, you will need to do as alexg suggests and wait a while for the fix.