Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac Build 18101 is available!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by alev, Sep 10, 2012.

1. alev

alev Parallels Team

Dear Users,

This update for Parallels Desktop for Mac (build 8.0.18101) addresses overall stability and performance issues and includes the following fixes:

- Improved support for multi-display configurations that include Retina and non-Retina displays.
    - Improved Full Screen support in single and multi-display configurations.
    - Resolves an issue with Flash video playback in the Chrome browser for Windows.
    - Resolves an issue with the keyboard malfunctioning in the Coherence (non-Crystal) view mode.
    - Resolves an issue with the mouse moving too fast on Mac computers with Retina displays when SmartMouse is disabled.
    - Dragging and dropping from OS X to Windows 8 now works correctly on Mac computers with Retina displays.
    - In Parallels Desktop Preferences, you can now disable hiding or showing Parallels Desktop using the F6 key.

Updates for Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac are available via:

- Parallels Desktop in-product updater
    - Parallels Desktop download page - http://www.parallels.com/download/desktop/

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  2. pommis

pommis Member

Mouse is movin too slow in games whit this update ;( it was good before but not anymore.

3. VeeB

VeeB Junior Member

Why upgrade to Parallels Desktop 8?

Can't find a thread here that addresses this question. I upgraded to Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac just a few months ago. I recently have upgraded my MBP from Lion to Mountain Lion and today upgraded that to 10.8.2.

I received an ad today when I started up my Parallels Desktop to run Windows 7, asking me if I want to upgrade to Parallels Desktop 8. It had very little information about why the upgrade is necessary or is recommended. Does Mountain Lion require this upgrade? Upgrading to Desktop 7 didn't give me much of a performance improvement. It was supposed to start a lot faster, can't see that it does.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. But, could someone give me some advice here. Why upgrade to Desktop 8?

Thanks

4. Jigs Gaton

Jigs Gaton Product Expert

Interesting that this post is probably not in the right place, but I am too looking for that answer :) I can't find any info on why to upgrade (new features list) or if there is a pricing discount for V7 owners...

5. Yourguide

Yourguide Bit poster

I upgraded to 8 from 7... mainly so I could see the number change... :)
    but seriously... 8 has directx 10 support and some other features....
    Im also using a Macbook Retina and 8 is supposed to work better with that too....
    After using 7 for about 8 months, then updating to 8... I can tell you that Windows 8 in a VM boots lightning fast in 8... so its not much to go on... but I am thinking overall speed improvements.

6. Jigs Gaton

Jigs Gaton Product Expert

@guide

yes, that's the #1 feature that I see with 8 over 7, and I've been using 7 since it arrived, all the time with very slow boots on newer MBPs. PD 8 is really quick, and with Win8 even quicker. Enough said...

7. MartinLiss

MartinLiss Member

I am also experiencing slower graphics with V8 than with V7. For example there are several "old school" games that display message windows and you can see those windows appearing rather than it being seemingly instantaneous like it was before.

I am on build 8.0.18101