Run it on Fedora 7 ??

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by vincen, Jun 9, 2007.

1. vincen

vincen Bit poster

Hi,

Did someone succeed to run it on Fedora 7 x64 ? I installed RPM by force as it complains about libs unless they are present on system.

When I run parallels-config it tells me I'm missing Kernel sources unless I downloaded package from fedora mirror and installed it on system !!

What should I do ?

Thanks in advance

Vincèn

2. dglock2

dglock2 Hunter

So install the kernel sources!

don

3. vincen

vincen Bit poster

Did you read completely my message ? I indicated I downloaded it and installed it but it didn't change anything as still parallels-config says me kernel sources are missing :(

Vince

4. qwertyu

qwertyu Bit poster

kernel sources

I have found that there are 2 links that need to be present for the running kernel, and cannot be present for non-running kernels. Apparently parallels-config follows the first link it finds and errors if the version is not the same as the kernel version the system is running on. They are called "build" and "source" and are found in /lib/modules/<kernel version number>. Make sure that for the running kernel version (found with "uname -a") you have those links, or else make them, and for kernel versions that you are not running, do "mv ./build ./build.BAK" and "mv ./source ./source.BAK and then run parallels-config again.
    If you have to make the links, do it with:
    ln -s /usr/src/kernels/<kernel version number> build
    and
    ln -s ./build source
    this should work.