PD8, Windows 8, Visual Studio 2012

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ALobban, Oct 24, 2012.

1. ALobban

ALobban Bit poster

PD8, Windows 8, Visual Studio 2012 [SOLVED]

MacBook Pro: Intel core i7 2.2GHz, 8GB
    I have Parallels Desktop 8 trial installed, running Visual Studio 2012 Premium on Windows 8. Everything seemed to be fine until I try to create a New Project or Empty Solution in Visual Studio 2012. Choosing everything and final step to click the OK button, but the button is graded out and cannot be selected. I get a "Windows cannot access \\psf\Home\Desktop" Network Error.

I have a Boot Camp version running on a separate partition that works perfectly. Is there a setting in Parallels Desktop 8, that I need to change. I can't purchase the software until, I get this figured out.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  2. YanaYana

YanaYana

It is Parallel Shared Folder driver issue - i suggest you to reinstall Parallels Tools to fix it - go to Virtual Machine menu --> Reinstall Parallels Tools

3. ALobban

ALobban Bit poster

So I have ran the particular virtual machine with the issue first then I reinstall the parallel tools. However, I am still getting the same error, see attachment.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  4. ALobban

ALobban Bit poster

I thought I had reinstalled the Parallel Tools, but didn't. After reinstalling, it fixed my audio issues as well as my network issue. Thanks YanaYana!!!

5. YanaYana

YanaYana

Great, glad it helped.