Windows 2012 and Windows 8 are crap

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Kai, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Kai

Kai Bit poster

First:
    New Metro UI? Yes, a new start screen. And a new server manager. Looks fine! But one mouse click away (example: IIS Manager): old design, old icons... How many guys works at Microsoft? Nothing to do? Two UI designs in one system. Crap.

Second:
    I own a MacBook Pro Retina. And Parallels did a really great job to put the retina resolution to Windows. But what does Windows? Most apps looks terrible. IE 10 's tabbar has tiny little icons. MMC apps are blurred. We have Parallels nerved for this feature and now its almost useless.

Waiting for Windows 9. Windows 8 is like Windows Vista.

Kai

2. YanaYana

YanaYana

Please wait for Parallels Desktop 8 update 1 - it is due to be released very soon and it has new Retina display options there - i hope you will be able to choose the one which fits you needs

3. mmm201

mmm201 Member

Why are you complaining about it here? All these issues are the very same on Bootcamp and non-Macs. Shouldn't you take this to a Microsoft forum?

For what it's worth, Carbon and X11 apps are pixellated on OSX in Retina mode, just as GDI apps are pixellated on Windows. Complain to the vendor for a new version, or lol @ Microsoft if it's from them. However, I think you'll find that Microsoft does a far much better job at supporting high DPI than do third parties. The RMBP is a sudden, huge leap in display resolution. Apple is at an advantage since they control the entire ecosystem. Give the rest of the world a chance to catch up.

I'm worried if Parallels thinks they can fix high DPI support in individual Windows apps.