Cannot instal Windows 8

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by KrisP1, Oct 27, 2012.

1. KrisP1

KrisP1 Bit poster

I have the latest update for Parallel for Mac 8 installed followed the instruction for installation however during the very last stage it will not start window8. Gives error and than gives option to start windows 8 or Windows setup or windows 7. Any ideas how I get it to start windows 8?

2. KrisP1

KrisP1 Bit poster

There has only been I view on this question. Am I doing something wrong or not posted properly. New at all this and hope that somebody will be able to help

3. juzci

juzci Guest

Hi,
    thank you for feedback, we do appreciate it!
    To investigate the issue we need some technical information, so could you please reproduce it, send us Problem Report as described in http://kb.parallels.com/en/9058 and give me an ID?

Thanks in advance,
    Hanna

4. Fly

Fly Junior Member

W8 bootcamp

cannot load the bootcamp W8 (have W 8 on its own drive in MacPro, it works fine when booting into it 'natively). get an error report window

5. juzci

juzci Guest

Hi,
    thank you for feedback, we do appreciate it!
    To investigate the issue we need some technical information, so could you please reproduce it, send us Problem Report as described in http://kb.parallels.com/en/9058 and give me an ID?

Thanks in advance,
    Hanna

6. Fly

Fly Junior Member

Report id 19241141

7. Artem Klimkin

Artem Klimkin Member

Hi, Fly,
    can you, please, give us vm log file '/Volumes/VMs/My Boot Camp.pvm/parallels.log' ?

after that try to create another Boot Camp VM located in standard folder '~/Documents/Parallels' and with default settings, and check if it works.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  8. Artem Klimkin

Artem Klimkin Member

Also, Parallels Desktop has the option to convert Boot Camp based VM into regular VM,
    see 'Import Boot Camp' option.