BF3 Not Running

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by bteters, Oct 27, 2011.

1. bteters

bteters Bit poster

Every time I try and start Battlefield 3 using Parallels it doesn't work. I've tried my usual PC solutions of running as administrator, making sure Windows is fully updated, trying to start it by going directly into the folder and what not. Was trying to see if anyone else had this problem and how they fixed it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. bteters

bteters Bit poster

It says the problem event name is "BEX" and the application name is "bf3.exe." I also click Check online for a solution but typical Windows fashion it doesn't do anything and doesn't help me.

3. bteters

bteters Bit poster

Where do I download drivers for AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB? I wish my iMac had a Nvidia card. I feel like they make it easier to get drivers.

4. bteters

bteters Bit poster

Nothing is working. What do I do!!!???

5. bennyb3bil

bennyb3bil Bit poster

same problem. looking for resolution

6. bennyb3bil

bennyb3bil Bit poster

here is my problem signature:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BEX
    Application Name: bf3.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4e9d3315
    Fault Module Name: MSVCR100.dll
    Fault Module Version: 10.0.40219.1
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4d5f0c22
    Exception Offset: 0008af3e
    Exception Code: c0000417
    Exception Data: 00000000
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: f6b3
    Additional Information 2: f6b3dac095c7aff5dbf76e7daddc2b92
    Additional Information 3: 1a80
    Additional Information 4: 1a80b1b848c655ed2b8cb56a2d209728

7. nwb-liam

nwb-liam Bit poster

same here... :/

i'm running win7 64bit / parallels 7 on an imac i7, 27" mid 2010.

8. martijne

martijne Bit poster

I have rebooted into windows solely and then it works...

9. bteters

bteters Bit poster

And how do you boot solely into Windows? I am still new to Parallels.

10. martijne

martijne Bit poster

reboot and press OPTION key when you hear the sound, then select windows.

11. bteters

bteters Bit poster

does this require to have boot camp?

12. martijne

martijne Bit poster

yes it does

13. Floggy T

Floggy T Bit poster

Anyone figure it out? My bootcamp win 7 keeps booting me from bf3 servers and since I installed bf3, windows bootcamp crashes all the time. I got paralells to try get round these erorrs. help anyone? I have mid 2011 imac, 16gb ram, radeon 2gb graphic card, on i7.

14. butterface

butterface Bit poster

Parallels + Origin +BF3 = Download never initiates.

I have the newest MacBook Pro. I use steam and run all PC games on my Parallels, and it runs smooth and fine. However, I downloaded Origin, purchased BF3, and it says Ready To Download. I click that, then it says Preparing Download as well as initiating the Download Process, but it never goes to 1%. It just sits at "Downloading...", and goes back to Prepare Download. It repeats this process back and forth.

Can anyone help me? A. Am I fucked, at least for trying to play it on Parallels. B. Is there a special requirement for the game.

BTW, I have great internet, even hooked up to ethernet, graphics card, and definitely enough space for the game.

Thanks! Please Help!

Butters~~

15. MajorGem

MajorGem Bit poster

BF3 is a directx 10 only game, in Parallels 7 you cant run any game that requires Directx 10 minimum, i had the same problem with Need for Speed the run and also Just Cause 2. I use steam and it works great, you just have to get inthe habit of looking at the minimum directx b4 purchase

16. NevinU

NevinU Bit poster

Same issue

Yeah I have the same issue. BF3 worked fine under bootcamp, but not under parallels. I already taken off bootcamp and would much prefer to use parallels. I've a MBP with 8G of RAM (4 set aside for Win7). I've never heard of 'stream', what is it? Do you reckon i can somehow get BF3 going on my parallels setup?

Thanks

17. MajorGem

MajorGem Bit poster

My bad

Sorry my post was misleading, I meant I use steam to download games but am unable to run BF3 in parallels for the simple reason parallels doesn't support directx 10.

I too prefer running games in parallels, my MBP has 16 GB ram (8 OSX, 8 Win 7 64 bit) and runs games like crysis 2 great but until such time as parallels provides support for directx 10, we ll never run BF3, just cause 2, sniper elite V2, or any other directx10 or 11 game.

It sucks and I HOPE parallels adds this when mountain lion comes out !!

18. AndrewBT

AndrewBT Member

BF3 working under Parallels 8?

Does anyone know if Battlefield 3 works under parallels 8?

19. MajorGem

MajorGem Bit poster

i dont have the game but been looking to get it. Its worth noting that parallels 8 offers experimental DX10 support so some things can be flaky however let me give you games that ive run and work AWESOME on MAX DETAILS:

Sniper Elite v2
    Ghost Recon Future Soldier
    Just Cause 2 - u do get weird water textures that spoil it but otherwise is great

Games that dont work or run too slow that ive tried:

Saints Row 3
    Need For Speed The Run

20. RichardJ5

RichardJ5 Bit poster

I see it's an old thread but before I try my luck and re install win 10 with bootcamp to try to run it 'solely' anyone have made BF4 work with parallels 10 ? Im currently stuck using the combo of el captain/win10/parallels10/Origin access imac late 2012 and when I click play it offers me to start is an app or from the browser but it can't let me click OK
    Get in touch if you can help me out or leave comment here ! Would I need a bootcamp instead ?