Windows 8 edgy gestures are too sensitive

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ZhongZ, Oct 31, 2012.

1. ZhongZ

ZhongZ Bit poster

Hi,
    Please correct me if I posted under a wrong sub-category.

So I just upgraded Parallels to latest version and I'm using Windows 8 VM with it. After a while I feel the edgy gestures are too sensitive - especially showing the charm bars.

I sometimes touch the touchpad with my palm when typing. It used to be OK in OSX or Windows without the edgy gestures. But with the edgy gestures enabled, I kept seeing the charm bars shows up. This is really annoying especially when you are typing.

So I wonder if it's possible the adjust the sensitivity of the gesture?

Thanks!

2. ScottCochran

ScottCochran Bit poster

Gestures too sensitive

I have the same issue with the latest update for Parallels 8 on Mountain Lion. Every time I type my palm triggers the right charm bar. Please allow the sensitivity to be adjusted or the ability to turn it off.

3. Matt Stratton

Matt Stratton Bit poster

I agree. I actually had thought for a minute that my Apple key stuck! Ability to disable this would be great. Even better, the system should disable the edgy gestures during typing.

4. serv

serv Forum Maven

this post explains how to disable edge gestures

5. Matt Stratton

Matt Stratton Bit poster

Thanks! That worked perfectly.

It wasn't clear in the post, but you don't even have to stop the VM to make that change. Nice!

6. ZhongZ

ZhongZ Bit poster

Thanks. That works perfect disabling the gesture.

Just out of curious, do you have any plan improving the gesture so it's less sensitive or giving an option to configure that? Anyway, the gesture would be a convenient feature to play with except for now.

7. PedroJ

PedroJ Bit poster

This was driving me nuts!

Yes, please add this to the UI. The gestures made Windows 8 unusable on a Macbook Retina Pro.

8. GlennBlock

GlennBlock Bit poster

Thanks for this work around. The new gestures were making Win 8 on my MBP virtually unusable. The charm bar appeared to be popping up at other times even when I did not tough the touch pad. Now life is back to normal.

Anyway, thanks again!

9. Thomas Johansson

Thomas Johansson Bit poster

Unfortunately, that disables *all* gestures, not just charms. Pinch to zoom and so on goes away too. Please let us disable just the edge gestures.

10. HowieN

HowieN Bit poster

Thank you!

The charm gesture on the trackpad was driving me crazy!
    If possible, please add this as a configurable item in properties. And distinguish between charm gesture (right edge towards center) and other gestures (pinch zoom).